Hello from the middle of NH

carly61

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello!
While researching beans to grow/cook this coming season, I happily found you! New Hampshire is a new environment for me, as I moved here from NW Colorado a little less than 2 years ago.

I started an heirloom seed collection about this time last year, and have played around with lots of bean recipes. I was pretty successful last year growing 9 types of beans and have several selected for this coming summer. It feels like it's just around the corner, but I still have 3 months to wait!

I look forward to reading past posts! Perhaps you have ideas for snap or dry bush beans, Zone 4-5?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. beans you say?! :) haha!

what types did you grow last season? any favorites? i have a hard time deciding favorites as i like them all.

this area is a large producer in the small navy pea beans, which i've eaten so many thousand pounds of over my life that i have no desire to ever grow them. instead i grow a large number of other beans and try out new ones and cross-breed whatever i can get to happen (well the bees do that for me, i just observe and select as they happen).

Latest posts