Hello from the Northwoods of Minnesota

CSigmund

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Just joined and hoping to connect with some northern gardeners to get some well needed pointers on growing a northern garden!

Thanks,

Celeste

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and Welcome, from Missouri. Not the north....But there are several members on here that garden in the north. I'm sure they will chime in.

CSigmund

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, and Welcome, from Missouri. Not the north....But there are several members on here that garden in the north. I'm sure they will chime in.
Thanks!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
YAY!!! Hey @seedcorn you have a new friend!! :weeeIt's a gardener from the north!!! :celebrate

Welcome @CSigmund from deep east Texas. I had to alert seedcorn that a new northerner has joined the forum. He gives me a hard time for being able to garden all year long, all in good fun. We have a good time here so just jump right in and join us! :thumbsup

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Celeste! :frow How far north are you? ETA: Yup, right there in the title...Minnesota!

That's a real cute pooch you have in your avatar. Looks like he's smiling. :)

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello Celeste, & Welcome to the forums.

Mentioning "northern" twice in your introduction prompts a reply but a location just about 100 "crow flight" miles south of 49° North latitude is a little misleading. Comparable winter temperatures with yours aren't likely the last few years. I can hardly remember winters without below 0°f until lately. It looks like single digitS' may be all we will experience again this winter.

However, you were talking about the gardening season so I can say that growing season warmth can compare with North Dakota ... admitting that makes me wish it didn't! We even squeezed past Fargo this year but it took high temperatures that broke many local records.

Steve

Latest posts