Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OUCH! ... OH... OUCH!
(precisely why I am NOT a nurse!) :sick

I hope the pain goes away quickly!!! :hugs

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your thumb being out of commission. my little plants dont stand a chance now! unless, somehow Eby can jump in and save the day. afterall, most of those daylilies are hers... ;)

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ow......!!! :/ Hope your thumb gets better.

Last year I almost cut the end of one of my fingers off while attempting to slice thru an acorn squash. :he ...not fun.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The epsom salts are good because they'll draw out infection. They'll help prevent blood poisoning. Keep an eye out that you don't see any warmth and redness travelling up the thumb and up to your hand. If that happens, don't fool around, get to the doc and get the antibiotics.

My FIL did the needle poking thing once when my MIL dropped something heavy on her toe and it did help release the pressure beneath the nail. Since you ALREADY have a hole in your fingernail, I would have thought that would have been enough! :sick

Hope you get back in commission soon! :thumbsup

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you all for your concern. I soaked it a few times yesterday and is feeling much better today.

Eby had some Antibiotics,. She made me take one right away and I have been taking them.

Beef not to worry I am ambidextrous. I was transplanting yesterday just not very fast. You can't keep a good man down!

Journey I was kind of thinking the same way! I have also done the release hole before but in this situation did not need that treatment.

The swelling went way down and don't throb to much now.
I still need to get some of the nail out of the hole so it can heal.
Cutting out the nail is not fun! I don't think Eby could do it for me.

Joe

But Jim I'm not a doctor, I'm a gardener.

Latest posts