Help me add finishing touches to this garden.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, great suggestions so far, keep them coming!

Sven, yeah the California sun has taken its toll on his complexion. Why it seems like only yesterday he arrived at our doorstep:

SVEN-1.jpg

We had to get him acclimated to his new surroundings right away and sat him in the leather chair with a TV remote:

SVEN-3.jpg

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Too flippin' funny!
I second the notion with painting the wood like teh house OR any other color that tickles your fancy. One thing I love is uniform walkways.

Have you tinkered with the idea of what you might do for the walkways between your fabulous beds? You could do river rock, sheet mulch, landscape glass, pavers. flagstone...???

I love your longer beds and their height. So many fun things going on. The best part of gardening is, you're never done!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need a Sven for my garden. :lol: I wonder if he could run the tiller while wearing a speedo? (You know, working on that tan...) :gig

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beavis, I don't know if this would work for you. I have all of my wooden outdoor furniture painted in bright colors. They consist of 2 adult addirondac chairs, a bench, and 3 child size chairs. These are arranged in different sitting areas. I love color. My coop is painted in orange and chartruess!

I also have a fountain and lots of bird houses. Some of the bird houses are on posts, others tucked among plants. I also have several wind chimes. I love the sound they make. I also have pots hanging against the fence and chicken coop. Everything looks very cottagey which fits my victorian home and daycare/preschool.

Mary

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, I just LOVE Sven! What a guy!

How about some cattle panel 'hoops' on a bed or two for something viney like pole beans or cucumbers to climb?

Maybe a trellis or an obelisk, again for a climber?

a garden gate?

Got a rain gauge? mount one to a post?

We have a mailbox in our main garden....good place to keep small hand tools close by and dry. Also adds some interest.

garden markers?

a gazing ball?

birdhouse or two?

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dont have a very artistic eye, but I do like the way old farm impliments look. Like maybe an old rusty one bottom plow, or a broken down old wogon or wheel barrow made of wood.
Oh yeah and a patriotic wind sock.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a mailbox in our main garden....good place to keep small hand tools close by and dry. Also adds some interest.
I'd like to see a picture of that! I am forever losing my pruners.......

Great suggestions so far, my to do list is growing!