Help us pick a name for our farm!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I likw Kuska Farm. This way you are not limiting yourself to just eggs. Who knows, maybe a few years later you will want to add something else to sell.

Mary

HEChicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am so bad at thinking of names that I posted a poll on another forum soliciting suggestions. What it came down to for me was looking at what my property contains and using something on the property to come up with a name.

Do you have a pond, a "lone pine" tree, "twin willow" trees, a hedge, hill, valley, creek? You get my drift. Once you've found something about your property that is somewhat unique, take that and see what you can do with it.

We settled on our farm name because of a hedge of a specific type of tree. There is the local name and then there is more obtuse name for the same tree. The obtuse name had meaning for us because it was a corruption of a foreign word and my DH happens to speak that foreign language. So we used the obtuse name and it has relevance and meaning to us, but is completely unique around these parts. Added the word "Farm" to that and there we have it.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I originally loved the idea of "Kuska Egg Farms" as stated earlier, but there is an egg farm in WA named "Kiska" Farms. Can't recall just now if it was specifically an egg farm, but I worried that it might be too close.

Green Genes - We currently sell our excess eggs from our backyard chickens, and have more customers than we can handle. We have to rotate them out and there is never enough eggs to go around. We're closed to new customers, but they keep telling their friends against our will and trying to pile more customers on us. x.x I'm not terribly worried about going under due to lack of customers at least. :D

I'm glad you said something about ownership. I will keep that in mind as I'd be very upset if someone else took the credit for my work!

DigitS - I hadn't thought of something relating to rainier or the sound, I'll have to see if there are a ton of farms with similar names. :)

These are all great suggestions. I'll show my OH and see if he likes any of them!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eggtastic Farm

My DH and I owned a business and it was my first name, followed by some other words........you can run but you can't hide. :lol: I would never name a business based on my name again. We did radio, TV and print ads. I am a wickedly humorous writer and our TV commercials were over the top. It's been years......people still recognize me.

What if you add other things to the farm? What if you decide to offer vegetables, fruit, meat? Do you want to put all your eggs in one basket so to speak? Give us some more feedback......I have a vivid imagination. Slogan?
What is your area noted for? Bigfoot? Trees? Mountains?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rainier from Tacoma. Go ahead, give it a close-up click :) !

Steve

Attachments

• Mount_Rainier_over_Tacoma.jpg
    Mount_Rainier_over_Tacoma.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 138

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kuska is very catchy and pleasant to say, and even more so when alliterated. Kuska Corner is very friendly sounding, which is important especially for small businesses. When people go to a small business they are generally subconsciously expecting a trustworthy business in which the owner is knowledgeable about their business kind, likable,and willing to work on a person to person basis. Something most small business' have already come to represent. Using the last name is a good idea because it uses the family name giving the impression of inclusion of family, and reinforcing the impression of security with their source, because of what families represent, kindness, love, care, and trustworthiness. Using an alliterated name gives the impression of being clever, and fun loving, or personable, helping your business image.

Most customers don't even realize they are expecting these things,but they definitely notice when a business lacks this.
Kuska Corner also leaves you open for other options or expansions.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I are Tom and Cathy. When we had a few chickens and a garden we starting calling ourselves TomCat Farm to each other and family-nothing official. We are about to get our sign for our Daylily farm. TomCat Daylily Farm. When you come up with the right sound you will know it. If you think you will get people from a greater area than your town you cold use the Town's name. That way people will have an easier way to find you-or your street name for us it could have been River Road Daylily Farm.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could pick something totally off the wall that creates a memorable mental picture. There is a second hand store in town called The Blue Piano. Doesn't mean a thing, but is hard to forget.
Nutty Nest Farms
Purple Chicken Place - producing eggs of distinction
( can't do fancy script but that one calls for it!)
Henny Penny Place

A Bushel and a Peck - selling produce and eggs
...at least, that's what's GOING to be on the sign at the end of my drive... if I ever get to that point
sEm_blush7.gif

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
"a Bushel and a Peck" I like that, course being southern I'd say it like " bshle N u Peck" with all the words leaning on each other and said quickly (short u sound, N name and emphasis on the le of bushel and on Peck).It sounds friendly and clever.

Latest posts