help with cats in my garden

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lavender is not real fond of cats either, :D ... although cats might help with a rodent problem.

If the cats are permanent, I agree with @so lucky, a more attractive potty place may help deter them while you make your garden less attractive. As I do with deterring deer, I wonder if it helps to use a few deterrents at the same time ... a list of things to try ... Keeping cats out

Using multiple things at once could only help. Not all things work for everybody.

You can also make a homemade pepper spray, the hotter the peppers the better. Maybe even mix some predator urine in with the pepper spray. Wormwood would be another plant to consider.

Your cats don't mind lavender?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your cats don't mind lavender?

:oops:... No, I (me-lavender) am really not a cat person.

We have had cats as pets, and several cats that wander through, but I've never had a problem or seen them use my gardens. Possibly because there is not much exposed loose soil, my gardens are quite crowded or kept mulched. I have several lavender plants but not likely enough to deter them from an acre.

My thought about several cats, they have to 'go' somewhere. If you don't provide a place for them, it may end up being your neighbor's problem. :oops:

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:oops:... No, I (me-lavender) am really not a cat person.

We have had cats as pets, and several cats that wander through, but I've never had a problem or seen them use my gardens. Possibly because there is not much exposed loose soil, my gardens are quite crowded or kept mulched. I have several lavender plants but not likely enough to deter them from an acre.

My thought about several cats, they have to 'go' somewhere. If you don't provide a place for them, it may end up being your neighbor's problem. :oops:

OH, OK! I can't believe that I didn't get that sooner. :p

Latest posts