Herbs growers?

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Purple Strawberry said:
Can we please get some more pictures?
Not a very nice one, I just got done planting new stuff. Am waiting for it to rain so they'll perk up and look less bedraggled.

herbs.jpg

Clockwise from the top: Monster marjoram, purple sage, English thyme, pennyroyal, chives, chives, more chives, pineapple sage, some other kind of salvia that smelled nice, more chives, berggarten sage, catmint.

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Very nice. I am thinking about planting one to just to have. I don't cook with herbs at all except for garlic salt. So it would only be a just because thing unless after making one I start using the herbs more.

muddstopper

Sprout
Reaction score
I also am admiring your path- what is it made of? I have a path I used wood chips on last year- but it pretty much turned to dirt over the winter.
Actually, the chips turned to compost and will later turn to humis. Hardwood bark chips are best to use as a mulch since these type of chips have a better carbon to nitrogen ratio and a better balance of nutrients to build soil fertility levels. Pine bark contains natural pre-emergent chemicals that will effect germination of wanted plants. The use of hardwood bark and wood chips is called Ramial Chip Wood and is one of the fastest/cheapest tools for building of topsoil. Do a search for Ramial chipped wood. You might find that the wood chips you are using and the results you are experiencing, is what you are really looking to achieve afterall.

Latest posts