Hey friends! Southern Indiana

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That is so true! They do sucker something fierce though. But the effort keeping the suckers and check is totally worth the work. I find that they're not very long lived trees usually 20 to 30 years. I guess that's enough time to enjoy their presence.
I think I heard that if you treat any plant above ground you can kill it and reduce the suckers. You know, you apply the herbicide with a paintbrush, like a child's water color kit type, to the leaves and it will soak it down into the plant. Now, I'm GLAD that my burning bush died! I have enough things to kill at my place, burdock, thistles and bindweed.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
IMG_2329.JPG
Anyone else have Jurassic squash this year? It has absolutely dwarfed everything else. I don't know what I'm hades I was thinking planting it so close to everything else.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think I heard that if you treat any plant above ground you can kill it and reduce the suckers. You know, you apply the herbicide with a paintbrush, like a child's water color kit type, to the leaves and it will soak it down into the plant. Now, I'm GLAD that my burning bush died! I have enough things to kill at my place, burdock, thistles and bindweed.

The big garden on the other side of my house is FULL of bind weed and jimson weed and Johnson grass. I think I can watch them grow if I stand still long enough. Grrrr

The director of the extension office here in New Albany said we shouldve used a pre emergent early in the season before planting.

Latest posts