Hey friends! Southern Indiana

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
hahahahaha! weeeelllll you didnt see it last week before i had company over!!

"plant ghetto" i love it!!

my girlfriends looked around and said geez lady you have a lot of pots! i felt that i needed to apologize or something! non plant people just dont understand! they collect other things i think are silly...i collect plants. and that is just fine with me!

My DW and I hit a plant clearance at shopko right after we bought our first house. I think we spent $30.00 and ended up with about 40 perennials enough to do our front and back yard. We have maintained a ghetto ever since then lol. Now our youngest daughter works at Lowes so DW gets the random call at least one day per week when plants are going on clearance, she has become quite the enabler lol. I could not imagine working at a nursery I would be totally broke for sure.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My DW and I hit a plant clearance at shopko right after we bought our first house. I think we spent $30.00 and ended up with about 40 perennials enough to do our front and back yard. We have maintained a ghetto ever since then lol. Now our youngest daughter works at Lowes so DW gets the random call at least one day per week when plants are going on clearance, she has become quite the enabler lol. I could not imagine working at a nursery I would be totally broke for sure.

Awesome!! That is an incredible steal! My ghetto has gotten progressively larger over the years. Man your daughter is a perfect source! Enabler schmenabler

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Wow! So jealous!!! I have about a million ideas to build one but I'd need idiot proof plans.
WhatEVER you do you will need to protect any green house from high winds. Dunno if your back yard is fenced in, but mine isn't and we get severe winds sometimes that would rip apart any greenhouse. Just something to consider. I think we gardeners ALL want a greenhouse...like I want an indoor riding arena.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was worried about snow load in winter, so end up with a solar shed.
upload_2017-8-7_9-57-48.png