Hey guess what?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy anniversaries! And Happy Birthdays too! My Mom turned 90 March 7, we had her party at church on the 10th. It was second Sunday dinner, so everyone was there. Our family members came, but the only one Mom really cared about was her best friend since kindergarten. Can you believe that? Since kindergarten-wow. She had a great time, Queen for the day.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule, that is amazing for your grandmother to have kept in touch with her kindergarten friend.

Thistle, no I haven't. One day I had to get a copy of our marriage license for legal purposes. I had to send off for it. My husband made the comment that he hoped his dad (who was a minister and married us) had filed it with the county. Well my father in law is a little "forgetful jones" when it comes to things like that. I panicked and told my husband "what if he didn't file it and we haven't been married all these years? My daughter said "mom it's just a piece of paper, does it really matter to you?" I said YES! LOL I'm very old fashioned. ;)

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, tell your mom happy birthday, and we're happy she's in the March club :) . That's quite an accomplishment to maintain a friendship for 85 years! My longest friendship is 39 or 40 years, and it's due to my friends tenacity and forgiving nature .

Mary, you make me laugh! I'm glad you're so old faishoned. Me too. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, here's another nuthin...my husband just now had me cracking up.

I have a Lindor addiction. Extra dark, dark, milk chocolate, and hazelnut. If anybody ever needs to get me a present for any reason ( that's not a hint for you guys, but I'll gladly PM you my address ) then they know I'll be thrilled to receive a bag.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fine

Refined and Pure

Deep, Dark, smoldering and simmering cool flavors so complex

Of Chocolate, tones of almond, mint, hints of exotic cocoanut

Pure dark

CHOCOLATE.

This for all to know
is surely the path that leads to
where beats the heart.