Hi from a Buckeye transplanted in IN

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You can grow them in large pots, you just have to keep them well nourished and keep the water up. Zuke plants grow pretty big so they drink quite a bit on hot days, especially with those big leaves. I found out quite by accident that they also grow very well in part-shade. I stuck an extra plant in a shady spot, as I hadn't the heart to toss it in the compost and it flourished better there than any other zuke I had grown in full sun. It actually never developed powdery mildew on its leaves either, something I struggled with in full sun locations.
Good luck! Gardening is so fun and rewarding!
That is so neat! My FIL was a Gardener and he always said I just throw stuff out and they grow lol. I know he put a lot more work into it but he cracked me up! He definitely had a green thumb and we would always pick stuff from the garden for dinner and can tomatoe juice, salsa ect. While we were there!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi from the IN/OH border. I am new to gardening but i am hoping to start trying and was pointed here for help with questions when I have some!

I finally kept my grocery store basil alive as well as propagated it, and my mint I planted last year came back! I know this isn't super impressive as they are both easy to grow but I am very excited!

I'm also attempting to grow Buckeye trees that I sprouted from seeds so crossing my fingers for successful transplanting of those.

Hope everyone has a great day!

hello and welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, from North East Tennessee!

Just planted hardneck garlic this year after at least a decade hiatus, so I feel like a newbie at it again.

I can understand excitement when something comes back, I am myself for most things, but, ah, you may want to keep a close eye on the mint. It can be very invasive. Sort of like the lemon balm that got away from me, and the neighbors two houses and a mile away have been 'thanking' me for, lol.....

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome, from North East Tennessee!

Just planted hardneck garlic this year after at least a decade hiatus, so I feel like a newbie at it again.

I can understand excitement when something comes back, I am myself for most things, but, ah, you may want to keep a close eye on the mint. It can be very invasive. Sort of like the lemon balm that got away from me, and the neighbors two houses and a mile away have been 'thanking' me for, lol.....
better name for it - 'lemon bomb' :)

Latest posts