Hi, from Canada

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm an olden goldie from Vancouver Island B.C. I think I've been a gardener all my life. Over the years I've grown lots of different things, at one time I had huge collection's of Fuchsias and Perennial Asters. Also dabbled in Begonias, Dahlias and Chrysanthemums amongst other things :). In the last few years I have become interested in Heirlooms, beans in particular, helping albeit in a small way in keeping them in circulation. I have around 200 varieties in my bean stash, keeping the seed viable is a challenge as I don't have a big garden, just a city lot. I belong to Seeds of Diversity here in Canada a very worthwhile organization.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Oh, I'd like to say hello to a gardener on Vancouver Island. But, first of all it isn't after midnight it is only 9:38am. I gotta get outta here!

Well, anyway . . . @bills is your neighbor and here on TEG. My mom's cousin was also your neighbor. Can you believe her name was "Mary Gold?" No, it's true!

Welcome and be sure to look at the bean thread!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bean collector?? Oh man! Have you ever hit pay dirt on this site!! We have several serious bean collectors here and a thread dedicated solely to the planting and growing of heritage beans.....let me go look for that link..... BRB ........

http://www.theeasygarden.com/thread...ean-network-get-new-beans-on-the-cheap.15216/

While I went to look for that, I saw where you had posted on last years bean thread, so I gotta sneaking hunch you more n' likely already have found the 2014 thread. :lol: I am probably telling you something you already know, if so, just disregard the above drivel.

Welcome to TEG! We are glad to have you here. I live in town on a small lot, keep chickens in the back yard and I garden in the front yard. Are you allowed to have chickens?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:frow Oh, I'd like to say hello to a gardener on Vancouver Island. But, first of all it isn't after midnight it is only 9:38am. I gotta get outta here!

Well, anyway . . . @bills is your neighbor and here on TEG. My mom's cousin was also your neighbor. Can you believe her name was "Mary Gold?" No, it's true!

Welcome and be sure to look at the bean thread!

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bean collector?? Oh man! Have you ever hit pay dirt on this site!! We have several serious bean collectors here and a thread dedicated solely to the planting and growing of heritage beans.....let me go look for that link..... BRB ........

http://www.theeasygarden.com/thread...ean-network-get-new-beans-on-the-cheap.15216/

While I went to look for that, I saw where you had posted on last years bean thread, so I gotta sneaking hunch you more n' likely already have found the 2014 thread. :lol: I am probably telling you something you already know, if so, just disregard the above drivel.

Welcome to TEG! We are glad to have you here. I live in town on a small lot, keep chickens in the back yard and I garden in the front yard. Are you allowed to have chickens?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep, bean collector in a big way :). I know Russ from another forum, he sort of pointed me this way, I'm not too computer savy but I managed to muddle my way through eventually LOL.

Latest posts