Hi, I am new here from Indiana

POL01

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Anytime!! I love talking about the worm farm..our entire family has lots of fun with it. You can check out our facebook page..www.facebook.com/PositiveOrganicLiving We also have a website too!

I will keep that in mind about cauliflower...now I am really scared to try it but really want to taste some fresh cauliflower!! :)

POL01

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes, the worm farm you visited sounds just like ours. We feed ours with peat moss and a special blend of "worm food" We have African Nightcrawlers. I hated the worms when he first got them...we started with about 2500 and are up to 62,000 worms! Now I look at them as my babies!! haha LOL

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
He was in partnership with someone out of state. Is that how most worm farms are? Sounds like yours are the same kind as his. Another friend tried to make a pit into a worm farm, didn't work as he was always fighting diseases and they would die. In his case, he was buying the stock and trying to recycle. Didn't work for him.

POL01

Leafing Out
Reaction score
No we are not in partnership with anyone but we do use buckets with holes on them and stack them on skids. I am not sure how it would work in a pit unless you were doing some kind of composting. It is very interesting and fun. The kind of worms we have are very picky, they like to be a certain temp. so we have a "worm room" in our facility that always stays at the very least 75 degrees..they like a certain moisture content and will not eat cardboard or things like that. They will die if they are not happy or are not at the right temp., moisture, etc. We luckily have happy worms:)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi POLO, welcome from north Idaho, glad to have you here! :frow
Looking forward to hearing about your garden and especially your worms.
Like Journey said, please thank your husband for his service.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
POL01 said:
Anytime!! I love talking about the worm farm..our entire family has lots of fun with it. You can check out our facebook page..www.facebook.com/PositiveOrganicLiving We also have a website too!

I will keep that in mind about cauliflower...now I am really scared to try it but really want to taste some fresh cauliflower!! :)
Certainly wouldn't hurt to try! As I understand it, it is some kind of fungus spore that lives in the soil. Maybe yours won't have it.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow

Howdy Polo

worms will be a great bunch of topics

Broccoli is often recommended to grow before tackling cauliflower. Try a bunch of different kinds, and find your best planting time by starting a few each month.

Latest posts