Hola from Michigan

Dreamz

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. Found this on BYC. I am interested in learning form everyone all that I can. Just got tired of the city and the noise and recently moved to a 1.5 acre and have 13 children. Twelve are poultry and one canine. Hope to learn and find new people to learn from.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from the middle of Michigan. :)

learning by doing.

chickens will eat your gardens so you'll need to figure out how to deal with them. they can work well on clearing space to be planted but you don't want them to decimate your entire yard because they will and then you won't have any good bugs or plants to help out.

before pictures will be helpful. observing is also helpful. seeing how the wind and water move through your land, etc. a bit ago someone else asked what to do when starting out and there were a lot of good replies to that thread.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. Found this on BYC. I am interested in learning form everyone all that I can. Just got tired of the city and the noise and recently moved to a 1.5 acre and have 13 children. Twelve are poultry and one canine. Hope to learn and find new people to learn from.
:ep 12 children good lord.

I've been trying too fence off parts of my garden to stop my chickens/children eating and scratching everything that tries to grow in it.
20220517_140433.jpg

:welcome

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:welcome
Welcome from Canada! Always wonderful to have new people join the forum.

What an incredible blessing to have 13 children! :love

What kinds of things are you interested in growing? With all that space you have a lot of options! If you have an interest in growing fun & unusual easy plants for kids, I have lots of ideas! My children were and are my gardening inspiration. 💚 Tried many things over the years with children in mind.

Dreamz

Leafing Out
Reaction score
@heirloomgal thank you. Canada,wow, so close yet so far,lol I would love to go to Canada for the next FIFA World Cup. I love futbol (soccer in only US),lol I hope you understood that my children are 11 hens, 1 rooster,and one dog.
I do not eat vegetables at all unless it is via byproduct such as: giving salad to my chickens so I can eat their eggs. :gig
However, I like to plant and harvest. Have done tomatoes and was able to make tomato sauce and can it. I even sent some to my sister in Puerto Rico. Right now have only been able to plant tomatoes and peppers on the ground. Also basil,parsley, oregano seeds and a few cilantro plants. Hoping to get some culantro seeds [also known as Vietnamese culantro] I really love culantro more than cilantro. It has a stronger smell and stronger flavor. Great for stews and soups. Love it in beans with calabaza!

Latest posts