Home Repairs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
229 at Amazon

View attachment 56370

But a 10 dollar laser thermometer reports the same wavelength in temp, just not pictures.
I'll be looking into ASAP. I'll need any evidence I can gather

A workman I have befriended, thinks this mushroom is from the ongoing years of leaks from the roof, there's no waste pipes and its to far into the ceiling to be coming from the wall. A lot of cleaning should be done above my ceiling.
If the asset management will deal with this is a totally different story in the making

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am appalled by the lack of service, rudeness and lousy attitudes that you are experiencing from your landlord and energy provider.

For electricity, I’m on a small local provider, called a Co-Op. Years ago, there was no electricity in the rural areas, only in towns and cities. So not for profit Co-Ops were formed to provide services to rural areas. I can remember my Grandpa taking me to people’s homes, down dirt roads, well off the beaten track, that had no electricity or running water. One of his friends was so proud that they had built a kitchen add on room to enclose the well, which was operated by a handle hand pump, so the wife no longer had to go outside in bad weather to fetch water for cooking and bathing.

There are 3 power grids in the United States, East, West and Texas. Texas has its own power grid. If you live in a Co-op area, then that’s the only provider. I’m ok with that as the service is good and there is a local, physical building that I can walk into, to speak to someone if I want to. If power goes out, as it sometime does in storms, there is an 800 number to call, the computer recognizes my phone number and I press one for power outage. Easy.

There is one phone company in my area and I get internet through them. Since I have a cell phone, I opted for a 911 emergency land line. That allows me to call 911 if needed and have internet. If I make other outside calls, it’s 50 cents per call. I can receive calls coming in at no charge.

The TV stations in major cities and towns have consumer advocates that love to put up stories such as yours, dealing with a landlord that turns a blind eye to mold and fungus growing inside your home. It would be blasted on TV, and they would embarrass the landlord into fixing the situation.

The way you are being treated is horrible and inexcusable.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marie: You and all of the UK are being hit hard. I just read this article this morning, and thought of you.

UK inflation: Supermarkets say prices to fall as food inflation soars​

By Noor Nanji
Business reporter, BBC News

A drop in the cost of wholesale food prices globally has not led to falls in the prices charged by UK supermarkets.
Inflation was expected to fall below 10% last month but soaring food prices meant it fell by less than expected.
"You would expect to see [global food price falls] reflected in supermarkets but we're not there yet," the Office for National Statistics told the BBC.
The retail industry body said there was a three to nine-month lag to see price falls reflected in shops.
"As food production costs peaked in October 2022, we expect consumer food prices to start coming down over the next few months," the British Retail Consortium said.
Inflation, which measures the rate of price rises, fell to 10.1% in the year to March from 10.4% in February, driven by food prices rising at their fastest rate for 45 years.

Consumer watchdog Which? says supermarket prices are rising "far more sharply" than overall inflation.
Campaigners point out that rising food prices hit poorer households the hardest, as they spend a greater proportion of their income on groceries.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am appalled by the lack of service, rudeness and lousy attitudes that you are experiencing from your landlord and energy provider.

For electricity, I’m on a small local provider, called a Co-Op. Years ago, there was no electricity in the rural areas, only in towns and cities. So not for profit Co-Ops were formed to provide services to rural areas. I can remember my Grandpa taking me to people’s homes, down dirt roads, well off the beaten track, that had no electricity or running water. One of his friends was so proud that they had built a kitchen add on room to enclose the well, which was operated by a handle hand pump, so the wife no longer had to go outside in bad weather to fetch water for cooking and bathing.
That's a beautiful story 😍 :)
That's a beautiful story 😍

There are 3 power grids in the United States, East, West and Texas. Texas has its own power grid. If you live in a Co-op area, then that’s the only provider. I’m ok with that as the service is good and there is a local, physical building that I can walk into, to speak to someone if I want to. If power goes out, as it sometime does in storms, there is an 800 number to call, the computer recognizes my phone number and I press one for power outage. Easy.

There is one phone company in my area and I get internet through them. Since I have a cell phone, I opted for a 911 emergency land line. That allows me to call 911 if needed and have internet. If I make other outside calls, it’s 50 cents per call. I can receive calls coming in at no charge.

The TV stations in major cities and towns have consumer advocates that love to put up stories such as yours, dealing with a landlord that turns a blind eye to mold and fungus growing inside your home. It would be blasted on TV, and they would embarrass the landlord into fixing the situation.

The way you are being treated is horrible and inexcusable.
Omg, you have wonderful caring services 😍. I would dearly appreciate such human responses.

Apparently this energy company has a good reputation, they have a long waiting time for customers services because I can well imagine they are under pressure, it sounds like thousands are turning too them due too the horrendous treatment people are getting from utility companies.

I'm praying to find a mobile deal with WiFi as I already said because I want nothing at all to do with utility useless anymore.
They had the cheek to send a letter today asking for an electrical reading. If the grass was read and they could see the money I've lost they still wouldn't repay me, because I didn't keep the tiny receipts :thare they kidding me? with all the junk mail with my address on that I have too get rid of daily.

The next company I will keep a jar for these receipts but it's no good crying over what has been lost and I'm moving on.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Marie: You and all of the UK are being hit hard. I just read this article this morning, and thought of you.

UK inflation: Supermarkets say prices to fall as food inflation soars​

By Noor Nanji
Business reporter, BBC News

A drop in the cost of wholesale food prices globally has not led to falls in the prices charged by UK supermarkets.
Inflation was expected to fall below 10% last month but soaring food prices meant it fell by less than expected.
"You would expect to see [global food price falls] reflected in supermarkets but we're not there yet," the Office for National Statistics told the BBC.
The retail industry body said there was a three to nine-month lag to see price falls reflected in shops.
"As food production costs peaked in October 2022, we expect consumer food prices to start coming down over the next few months," the British Retail Consortium said.
Inflation, which measures the rate of price rises, fell to 10.1% in the year to March from 10.4% in February, driven by food prices rising at their fastest rate for 45 years.

Consumer watchdog Which? says supermarket prices are rising "far more sharply" than overall inflation.
Campaigners point out that rising food prices hit poorer households the hardest, as they spend a greater proportion of their income on groceries.
Rip off Britain. It's getting worse by the day on every level. Our homes are a battle as well, there is no comfort anywhere we cannot rely on anything

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
229 at Amazon

View attachment 56370

But a 10 dollar laser thermometer reports the same wavelength in temp, just not pictures.
Hello I'm back again. :)

I don't have a smart phone and your amazon won't come up when I click on the link. I'm in the UK

This mushroom grew even bigger then fell off the ceiling.
They keep sending an inspector that cannot assess where this is coming from, he can only LOOK at the ceiling ( he's coming again on the 27th of this month)...

He had already said it's not his job they need another inspection made from another team to look in the upstairs property under his flooring. But like me they ignore him.

They have ignored all of my attempts too deal with this problem, i. e my calls and emails.

I'm thinking of requesting Crowns for these managers that feel so superior that they do not communicate with even their own workers. I got more chance of speaking to our King

Would you have any other reasonably priced gadget in mind? I could use as proof. Probably not, but I thought it worth asking.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm sorry @Marie2020 i have no idea about devices which can determine what is going on.

i also don't know your system over there or what is available to you for getting this resolved.

unfortunately when you have any place it seems there are always issues that come up and have to be dealt with.

i have various ant colonies that would like to come into our home and feast so i have to remain vigilant and head them off as soon as i can detect where they're at and how they are getting in.

since i did do a lot of caulking last summer and fall there's a good chance that i caulked some small colonies in the walls and they are coming in because they can't get out.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i'm sorry @Marie2020 i have no idea about devices which can determine what is going on.

i also don't know your system over there or what is available to you for getting this resolved.

unfortunately when you have any place it seems there are always issues that come up and have to be dealt with.

i have various ant colonies that would like to come into our home and feast so i have to remain vigilant and head them off as soon as i can detect where they're at and how they are getting in.

since i did do a lot of caulking last summer and fall there's a good chance that i caulked some small colonies in the walls and they are coming in because they can't get out.
My chickens would love too be guarding your home, you would not have a single ant they'd be eaten all up.

Princess strikes gold and found the ant's entrance. She totally forgot about her food tray.
20220729_171234.jpg

Latest posts