Honeycrisp Apple Cuttings?

Shiloh Acres

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm actually not sure about the chill times. They say you can grow cherries a ways north of me, but not here. Still ... Last year I was here on March 21 and it snowed. This year I'm HOPING winter is now over, but we had weeks of weather so cold and icy you couldn't really drive -- which I take it is unusual here since they did nothing for the roads outside of the metropolitan area.

They say the weather has been very out if character here as far as temps and rainfall for a few years, so I just really don't know what to expect. I know last year's spring was SO wet I needed boots everywhere and deep holes formed that were dangerous if you didn't see them. This year that has all mysteriously disappeared, thankfully, and I don't think I've "fixed" the place THAT much yet. (Lots of issues, this place is taking a lot of work).

It's not such a loss if annual crops don't work out as I expect (so far it's been great though, except the strawberries), but I couldn't afford to make a mistake with trees, so I'm playing it safe with them.

Only have 2 peach trees so far anyway. But I'd like to add apple and plum as soon as I can. And someday pear, and fig. Wonder what other nuts I could grow here ... Hmmmmm ....
:tools

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might want to check out bud grafting. You do that after when the bark is in "slip" or whatever they call it. That is June around here.

I tried it last summer and failed, but this year I'm going to get the right wax and try again.

Scion wood is from the type of tree that you want the apples. It has the buds that you want to grow.

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh darn mine is a gala or fuji, just got it last year. If you wanted a small branch from one of them we could swap... I need another branch grafted anyway for polination purposes too.
And I'm just across the divide from ya :) So Hi ya neighbor... seen ya on the CO thread over on BYC :)

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We could do a swap. Check your tree though. Mine appears to still be dormant, but we are getting close to the point where it might be too late.

Latest posts