Hoping I Didn't Make Anyone Sick

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL Mary I am a great host thats only 2 out of hundreds of visits. I did laugh rather hard at your post.
So where are your sample mixology drinks to be consumed by all of us Greek Gods after Mercury makes his deliveries ? :hu

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
On the subject of canned goods and expiration dates... I read about some folks that were cleaning out the farmhouse of a deceased relative and they found some jars of food in the cellar. One was labeled "Roast Veal" and was dated a little over a hundred years ago. They took the jar to the local extension office (or was it the local university? I forget) to have it tested out of curiosity. Not only was the meat still perfectly safe, it had retained almost all of its nutritive value.

I think it might be safe to say that you don't really need to worry about expiration dates if the seal is good.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
On the subject of canned goods and expiration dates... I read about some folks that were cleaning out the farmhouse of a deceased relative and they found some jars of food in the cellar. One was labeled "Roast Veal" and was dated a little over a hundred years ago. They took the jar to the local extension office (or was it the local university? I forget) to have it tested out of curiosity. Not only was the meat still perfectly safe, it had retained almost all of its nutritive value.

I think it might be safe to say that you don't really need to worry about expiration dates if the seal is good.
:ep

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't remember the name of the grocery store in Vancouver, Wa., but they had all kinds of canned goods on their shelves with expired dates on them . When we moved to Wa. a couple years ago, I found a box of canned pears that my wife had caned over 10 years before. I opened a jar and it's seal was still good. We ate it, as well as the rest of the pears and I am still here and typing away.

Latest posts