Hornad’s garden 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is something endearing about growing chickpeas. I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I just love growing them. 😍

i like the habit of the plant, but i've not been able to grow them here - i only tried once and after seeing how little they can produce i've not bothered to try to find a variety more suited to our climate and season length. so i have to just look at pictures online... :)

Hornad

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i like the habit of the plant, but i've not been able to grow them here - i only tried once and after seeing how little they can produce i've not bothered to try to find a variety more suited to our climate and season length. so i have to just look at pictures online... :)
they grow chickpeas and lentils commercially in my state so I thought they were worth a try

Hornad

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
IMG_7709.jpeg

I had to chase another pest out of the garden (he was a big fan of tomatoes last year)
IMG_7779.jpeg

And today I put out the tomatoes

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks good. I can almost smell that rich soil way over here in the San Francisco bay area.

Wonder if chickpeas would grow here. Although I have no idea where I would plant them since I have no room LOL.

Mary

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if they would grow in my area. I make hummus every week. Love it!

Mary
I have a yummy summer recipe for hummus wraps! You take your favorite soft/moist tortilla and put a generous amount of homemade hummus diagonally across the tortilla. Add julienned zucchini, julienned red bell pepper, julienned scallions, julienned cucumber, and top with a few mint leaves scattered on top! Enjoy!

Hornad

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I’ve never tried to grow chickpeas. Do you eat them fresh or dried?
I haven’t grown them before but the grocery store sells fresh chickpeas in the pod. They taste kind of like fresh green soybeans. Carol Dep pops dried chickpeas like popcorn

But my favorite is falafel

Latest posts