Hosta ID

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want this hosta!! Don't know if size shows in photo about 3 feet high about 3 feet wide, 3rd year public park downtown White plains. DSCF0151.JPG DSCF0152.JPG DSCF0150.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Patriot? Brass Ring? Minute Man? Okay, I think these are white rather than yellow. Unfortunately, I checked Bridgewood Gardens looking for your hosta. Droooooooooool! There are so many that I don't have .. .. .. yet! Yup! I should'a let someone else try to help you.

Why not call and ask someone in the Parks Department? There should be some record.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red White Plains is called little Manhattan . A call to parks Dept would have you listening to a recording for 45 minutes. If your lucky, you get a rude person who is annoyed you bothered them.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try googling a local garden club. Perhaps they could find the variety for you. Take your photo googling with you. There are thousands of different varieties of Hosta. Some so similar you wonder at the different name. Others are real originals! The rest are in my hosta bed. Sigh! I don't know how I could make room for more.

Ah-ha, I can plant hostas on around the woodwork shop to the North end past the drive into the shed. That gives me another 40 feet of planting length. Coming out from the foundation 4-6 feet. . . I will have plenty of room. Now will I have plenty of money?
Hosta bed north.JPG

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a VERY big book of Hosta identification. OMG it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out there are SO MANY and as Red says so many look exactly alike. Good Luck. ;) If you want a large , heavy, rippled leaf try Blue Dimples.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll look for my book later and see what is out there in a BIG YELLOW hosta.

Latest posts