Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice color description @Chickie'sMomaInNH
Here is a good photo of a Blue hosta @seedcorn

DSC01554.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does seem that hostas are one foolproof ornamental. (So far) even I can't kill them. I have some, have never been particularly fond of them, but now I see I may have been missing the boat.
One of mine has blooms that smell really good. That's a bonus.
I should spend some time perusing the different varieties. I need another thing to be obsessing over.:rolleyes:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guess what @so lucky ... you are better than me then, I have KILLED off several Hosta! Might have been forgetting to water enough after transplanting the new babies! :oops:Yes, it can become and obsession! LOL

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The biggest problem (I've heard of) with hostas is snail and slug munching on the leaves. I've never had that problem and DE sprinkled around the plants should keep the slugs/snails at bay. I have never been good at remembering watering and ya'll have seen all the hostas I have around the trees, in the hosta bed, and in the shady garden.

@seedcorn, are you game for a hosta or two? A while back we gifted Bay with hostas. We can do the same for you if you're interested.

The hummers love hosta flowers as well, so I let mine flower. Once the flowers are done, I cut the scapes down and the plants are tidy once again.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red we have some green ones. Doing very well. Curious about blue ones. Are they really blue?

Latest posts