Hothouse Pics (picture heavy)

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice set up you have going there, bills!

I think you're right about the female flowers falling off from lack of pollination. :/

Everything you have looks really healthy!

You might want to try planting some coriander, dill, fennel, parsley and letting it go to see right outside your hothouse. These tend to attract lots of pollinators.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow Bills, I'm so jealous! I would love a greenhouse, but there's no way I could keep anything in it during the summer. I really want to grow avocados!!

BTW, what does DH mean? I think I know, but I don't want to use it incorrectly! ;)

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Wow Bills, I'm so jealous! I would love a greenhouse, but there's no way I could keep anything in it during the summer. I really want to grow avocados!!

BTW, what does DH mean? I think I know, but I don't want to use it incorrectly! ;)
Kate, DH means Dear Husband. The D can change with your attitude towards him though, lol.

Bills, your pictures are great! My grandma and I are really contemplating a greenhouse, its something we would both really enjoy to have. We even have a couple frames would could use, so it might be something we try pretty soon. Your peppers look awesome!

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
theOEGBman said:
curly-kate said:
Kate, DH means Dear Husband. The D can change with your attitude toward him though, lol.

Bills, your pictures are great! My grandma and I are really contemplating a greenhouse, its something we would both really enjoy to have. We even have a couple frames would could use, so it might be something we try pretty soon. Your peppers look awesome!
I always thought DH was for Devoted Husband, but I can see how the "D" could be used for other things.:lol:

Avocado's, would be really nice. I have sprouted avocado pits before, but never had much success with growing them into a tree. They usually die off in the fall. The hothouse might be the answer for that problem, though I wonder how big they get before they actually produce avocados. You may need a 15' roof on it...:) Even if you can't use the greenhouse in the summer, in your area, it would be good for starting plants early in the spring, and perhaps for wintering over plants, or some fall plantings of lettuce etc.. Definitely worth having.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:frow Bills you have some wonderful looking plants in your Hothouse.
It's doing a good job for you, you should be proud.... :clap
I am proud of you :coolsun
My Dh thinks it means Darling Husband, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.:thun
Opps he's not listening is he? :smack
No,, he's pretty good guy. ;) :love

Again Bills, I love the look of your plants :tools
Nice job....
I hope our's will look that good this winter in our greenhouse :fl
Thanks for the photos :happy_flower