How big is your garden?

peeps7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow, ya'll have BIG gardens. I was just going to do a 20' x 27' veggie garden but I think I'm gonna have to bump that up to a 50' x 50' garden, lol. My flower beds on the other hand are huge, I have about 6-7 huge flower gardens. I also have a lily pond in the middle of one of the gardens (the biggest one).

crazychickens

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have a 50 foot by 100 foot garden. All veg's, I grew up on a farm so if you can eat it, I can grow it. Yet, I couldn't grow a flower to save my life. :tools

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We just have 3 raised beds that are 4'x8' each. Our red Ga clay is too tough to try to grow in so we hauled in topsoil and supplemented with compost. We also have a young blueberry patch, several raspberry bushes and a peach and a cheery tree. Have only been here 1 1/2 yrs so our garden will grow a little at a time.

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Geez! Some of you guys have gardens bigger than my entire lot!

Like Ga Chicken Mom, I'm doing raised beds here due to clay soil. My veggie area and chicken area are one and the same - in a 25 X 11 fenced off area. Four raised beds make up the gardening area - each varying from 4 X 5 to 4 X 6. I also grow here and there throughout the rest of the yard. And, I have one orange tree and one lemon tree.

We're still working on the church veggie project - which is approximately 10,000 sf.

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
deuglification
I like this word. May I steal it?
Yes, that is a fantastic word. I'll have to add it to my vocabulary!

I have the front yard, which is grass and different types of plants, at 2,200sq feet. I'm running out of room so I have a ton of containers out front! My newest find is a pot that's shaped like a cowboy boot. :cool: I have a few whiskey barrels with plumerias, a cactus orchid (it blooms once a year... I can't wait to get a pic to post on here), some lilies and some dahlias. I love container shopping!
Out back we have more grass but it's not pretty sod like the front yard. I have approx. 70x7 veggie garden, and another 10x10 area that I'm starting to condition. Then, I have my sights on some areas around the pool. I'd like to get some more whiskey barrels to put on the back patio and around the pool area. I have a Mexican Lime (aka Key Lime) tree that should be producing fruit soon.
Then, I have a few orchids and a couple of very tough house plants living inside above my kitchen sink. :D

ericasl

Sprout
Reaction score
I have 3 6x10 raised garden beds. I just love them last summer was my first summer with the rised beds. It was so nice, there was hardly no weeds and everything grew so awsome. I sure wish I could start planting.

Reaction score
Right now my garden is UNDER SNOW.....
But I (hubby and I, I guess I should say) have about a 2 acre section that we use for the garden....
~~All veggies....
corn, green beans, wax beans, to many different peas to count, carrots, onions, tomatoes, watermelon, squash, pumpkins, onions, potatoes, strawberries, kalarahbi (sp??), brussel sprouts, beets, turnips, cabbage, lettuce, cuccumbers, asparagus, (will have to think of everything else we planted last year and edit this post when I remember). Last year we grew pumpkins that weighted over 200 pounds each...The girls loved carving them...Not so fun for me and hubby when we moved them around though..haah
~~Then we have another plot of about 3/4 of an acre of just herbs and things of the such...
spearmint, peppermint, chives, lavender, etc. etc. etc.
~~Then around the house it's filled with flowers, along with 3 flower beds in the front part of the yard and another HUGE flower bed in the yard with 2 fish ponds in it....

We live on a 40+ acre farm (just bought the ajoining 6 acres yesterday so I guess that makes over 46+ acres).... Lots of pasture and crop land for the animals but I won't count that as garden..hehe as I don't weed it...hahhahaha

Nice to meet all and can't wait to see some of these wonderful gardens when if full bloom....

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We just tilled our garden and started with the 8 foot high fencing to keep all our wild friends out, hopefully. :fl We bought the house in August '06 and have finally gotten the house to where we want it and now it is time for the outside. We have a small garden compared to others on here. It is 34' X 16'. We also have a blueberry patch we just planted as well as a plot for the pumpkins and watermelon. We did plant apple trees in fall '06, so we hope to start seeing a few apples this year.

MissPrissy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have 3 big garden plots. I know they are more than an acre. The largest will get a tiny bit smaller when we put up the fencing for my new goose yard.

COYOTEMAGIC

Sprout
Reaction score
I do "square foot gardening" in raised beds. Like others here my soil is hard packed red clay. After a year of severe drought, it's more like red rock!! My garden is only 8ft x12 ft but in that are I have tomatoes, greenbean, lima beans, squashes, lots and lots of peppers, gourds. Strawberries grow in barrels. Plus there are a few fruit trees but they wont be baring fruit for another year. It's small but big enough to feed me and the hubby all summer thru half the winter too.

Latest posts