How Did You Get Your Login Name?

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well Steve, I had yours right but I think its because of the gloves in your avitar.

Never though of Vfem, I just figured it was initials for something.
I wonder if my kids no who they are.
I am with you on CCR though Steve. I was always a big fan of Aerosmith though, the band members all live within a couple of towns of me and you bump into them occasionally, when I waitressed they use to come in and I waited on them. Nice guys.
I must be getting old though, one of my kids asked me if I ever heard of Jimi Hendrix, what the? Seriously?

So anyway, my name just reflects my attitude and what I strive for.
I don't like to get bogged down in crud, I have 7 kids and it would be easy to do but I simplify my life wherever possible.

I try to grow all of my own food, raise animals and do the make from scratch thing 100 percent.
I hate gadgets and all the things that make life complicated.
I seriously find many of them alot of them more trouble than they are worth which is why I do not have a dishwasher, garbage disposal etc. I like to keep it simple.
It reflects my personality and lifestyle.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well...mine....well....it's better than butthead. :D

I used it years ago on another forum on a whim. And it is now my permanent handle.

ecopepper

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
beavis said:
Well...mine....well....it's better than butthead. :D

I used it years ago on another forum on a whim. And it is now my permanent handle.
Haha!! Mine is ecopepper cuz I strive for eco, sustainable ways and I can grow a great pepper here in Florida.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mine is me. I am "the mom" which got changed to "the mummis" which got changed to Da'mummis. I took out the hyphen.

It kinda stuck when my DH wrote me a Mother's Day poem titled The Day of Da'mummis aka Happy Mummis Day

Names morph in this house. My dog has about a dozen different names all from one. So does the cat now that I think about it.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to get a particular email/screen name only to have the system say that name is already taken and finally out of frustration you type in something totally random? Mine started out as a throw away email/screen name years ago...back in the bad old days of really excessive spam. I never knew how many people and companies around the world were so concerned about my health and financial well being. I started using it more and more and after a while it kind of just became the online me. It got shortened to "bid" over the years as folks on different sites would address me that way. It really has no meaning. :idunno

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry Digits - I've never heard of that group. I have heard of the Rolling Stones though.:D

Simple life - I think as I get older I strive for that too. I try not to worry about the little stuff anymore and just enjoy each day.!

Damummis - Like that one. Never would have figured that out! I'm very simple minded!:D

I think each name reflects alittle about each of us.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Creedence or CCR. To certain people, we know what this means!!!

Proud Mary - Lookin' Out My Back Door - Down on the Corner - Bad Moon Rising - Suzie Q

It's more than just a generation gap. Now it's elevator music.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE being a grandma, I was 49 when my first was born...but I did not mind at all being called grandma or sometimes gran.
Now I have 4 of them, spread out over the years, and its still the sweetest word in the world to me:)

Latest posts