How Do You Heat Your Greenhouse?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
No this is for pure pleasure for over 30 years now.....It is very full of lots of junk.
View attachment 16278

View attachment 16279

This year it is out of control. As you can see allot of these things should have been taken outside for the summer but that didn't happen this year. Usually when everything gets outside I will go in and really clean the inside. Pulling all wees in back corners and raking all the gravel to level it out.
No one here thinks plants are junk.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lol. Maybe I should reworder that........STUFF. LOL. Although, if you look under the benches you will find junk.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do get pleasure from it. We used to have a little table and chairs in there and had brunches out there in the winter. That was nice..

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went out t the greenhouse to take pics of my heat source... First is the main heater.

furnace2.jpg

Next is the back up heater.
furnace1.jpg

Now the black one is a pellet stove and new to us....If it runs out of pellets or the heat fails for some reason the white one will take over or help if it's really cold. If the temp drops or electric is off my emergency caller will call me so I can run home to start the generator or get some heat source going....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yours is much like our pellet/corn burner in our woodshop. Works well, but needs electricity to run auger and blower. Son is bringing his woodburning stove as a way to burn scraps and backup for electricity. It is a neat looking round antique heater. Will need photo when it arrives.

Latest posts