How is your garden doing so far?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Shep4her the garden is great :clap I love square foot gardening, I use raise beds all the time. the radish looks beautiful :ya and the child is adorable, such a great smile :love You grow some wonderful sprouts :rainbow-sun of both kinds ;)
:happy_flower Karan :D

sheps4her

Leafing Out
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
I hate the garden (just jealous because it's SNOWING here) but the little boy is CUTE!!!!
:/ I know, bad pic but she is a girl. ;) Sorry you are still under snow, I am sure you will be growing great things in no time!

sheps4her

Leafing Out
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
Shep4her the garden is great :clap I love square foot gardening, I use raise beds all the time. the radish looks beautiful :ya and the child is adorable, such a great smile :love You grow some wonderful sprouts :rainbow-sun of both kinds ;)
:happy_flower Karan :D
Thanks! Weeding is sooo much easier this way. I never wanted to garden until i read about this method. I tried it last year and absolutely loved it! :celebrate

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
shep4her what did you use to make the foot sq markers??? I have used sq ft gardening before but kept a ruler handy which was a pain in the neck...plan on trying it again this year have just built 2 4 x 8 raised beds and trellising my tomatoes and cucumbers...Your Daughter is sweet...Pink Jama's should have given her away lol ;)

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've got cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, radishes, beets, carrots, and snow peas coming up very nicely. I haven't had any luck with spinach or cauliflower, but they're looking pretty good. So far, spring hasn't had any tremendously wild temperature swings, which is usually what does my spring veggies in around here. :fl I also put in a bed of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries in behind the house. I know I won't get a whole lot from it this year, but I think I finally found a good spot to really get some berries in the future! I'll go out & take some photos of what's going on tomorrow. Esp. since it's going to be cool & rainy Sun-Tue. Gotta enjoy the nice weather when it's here! :D

sheps4her

Leafing Out
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
shep4her what did you use to make the foot sq markers??? I have used sq ft gardening before but kept a ruler handy which was a pain in the neck...plan on trying it again this year have just built 2 4 x 8 raised beds and trellising my tomatoes and cucumbers...
I will ask DH what it is called...it is some kind of molding i think... :idunno
last year we measured and eyeballed it... pain in the neck! this is much easier to keep track of...and as Mel says 'If there is no grid then it is not a square foot garden! " :coolsun
momofdrew said:
Your Daughter is sweet...Pink Jama's should have given her away lol ;)
Thanks! ;)