How is your garden doing so far?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous Jlmann!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it....

We're going outside to get drunk and play in the garden for the evening.... I wonder how bad everything will look in the morning then. :/

Oh well... if my garden can't survive me drinking, its in for a reality check. :lol:

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Be careful, vfem, don't fall over in a drunken state, girl...............!!! :D :D :gig :gig Have a great evening :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem- Don't worry! Gardens can survive a lot of drunkenness. Not the best time to be pruning stuff though. We keep a table and some chairs down by our garden and when it is pretty out we drive down there. The wife and I have a few drinks and listen to the radio. Our son plays on his swing set and in his "garden" and we spread a big quilt out and let baby roll around on it. We pick veggies when they are ready, water a little and watch the chickens & guineas chase bugs. Good times!

Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took early this week of my garden.

100_2264.jpg

Black Krim Tomatoes
100_2266.jpg

Fused Black Krim Blossum
100_2268.jpg

Some Corn
100_2271.jpg

Moon & Stars Watermelon
100_2273.jpg

I need to take a picture of the Walking Onions. They are amazing.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
mattmatts-momma : Nice garden! Is that a cabbage or cauliflower in the first picture? What kind is it? You are way ahead of me - I won't be able to plant tomatoes and the rest of my summer crops until at least Monday. Keep us posted! I can't wait to see how your black krim tomatoes turn out!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Matts-Matts Momma
:welcome

And Your Garden is beautful :thumbsup Wonderful Job :clap

What area are you living in? Your temps must be at least 10 - 15 degrees warmer than ours. Wow some great growth ya got going there. :clap

HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :weight :rose :throw :bouquet

:happy_flower Karan :D

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms !

karanleaf- How did the grand opening go?

Hattie - I saw in another thread that you have brandywines - congrats!

No rain in the forecast today! I'm gonna try to get some things done!

Happy gardening everyone!:mow

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is my post to another thread of results of our 1st Open Day :woot

Ok Gang Here I was finally able to upload my photos this time.
Well with only 1 ad in the local free shopper paper Wind was bad enough we didn't set out plants or our road side signs. Even with that, We still had a $200.00 day :celebrate That is after costs :woot For this small rural area I feel that was pretty good. Everyone commented on how healthy and big our tomato and cold weather plants looked :clap So many were impressed with DH's Greenhouse and marveled at the fence garden. DH calls it the horazontal (sp?) garden I believe we will busy tomorrow also :weee We both have really are LOVING THIS :love :love

Oh, here are the photos .....
This one is how we used the other 5 pallets, imanage these covered with plants. Oh and the trailer has cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprout, and kollirobi plants on it.
5713_p1040266.jpg

Here is our instant fence. This is just 2 of the pallets, they are 10 feet long. We left a 2 foot space between the 2 sections and they over lap. That way we still have a passage through with out building a gate. :celebrate
5713_p1040257.jpg

Well I must go out and pot up a few more boots. DH was surprized that I had sold 1 of my old worn out boots with impatient and ivy potted in it :gig :woot

:happy_flower Karan :D :coolsun :rainbow-sun :watering :thumbsup

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES

:rainbow-sun :happy_flower :rainbow-sun :happy_flower Karan :D :happy_flower :rainbow-sun :happy_flower :rainbow-sun