How is your Tomato Harvest Going?

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This is this weekends harvest, minus a few tomatoes and an acorn squash that I gave away. After I took the picture, I found two more acorn squash that were ready to pick. I would say, we have about 10 more pounds of tomatoes that are still green on the vine.

8199_veggies.jpg

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SAM_1851.jpg

This was one of my Big Boys that I grew. I've also got some Lemon Boys that were just as big and tasty.

stepstephens2

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
This is this weekends harvest, minus a few tomatoes and an acorn squash that I gave away. After I took the picture, I found two more acorn squash that were ready to pick. I would say, we have about 10 more pounds of tomatoes that are still green on the vine.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/8199_veggies.jpg
Off the tomato topic, but what kind of carrots are those? I grow a lot of Nantes, but I like that those look more straight and narrow...

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
stepstephens2 said:
Stubbornhillfarm said:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/8199_veggies.jpg
Off the tomato topic, but what kind of carrots are those? I grow a lot of Nantes, but I like that those look more straight and narrow...
Hmmmm....Good question! :D I think I saved the package. I'll check when I get home. I have to say, I was so pleased with them. Just had some raw for lunch and boy are they sweet! I've tried planting carrots twice before with not so much success. I think it really helped that we had a raised bed with loose soil this year. I'll let you know tomorrow. :)

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
RidgebackRanch said:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7434_garden_9-4-2011_001.jpg
We don't get many edible large tomatoes, but these are two Amana Orange and two Pineapple tomatoes. Both varieties were very tasty, and the Pineapple had the most unique flavor I have ever tasted in a tomato. The largest of the Amana orange was nearly two pounds!
The pineapple tomatoes are really pretty! I bet with the unique flavor they would make great salsa to put on top of chicken.

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
They were quite a surprise for us this year. Next year will several more of those plants, I can't wait. Now that I'm getting into canning salsa and hot sauce I would kill to have a bushel of them right now. :drool

I just went out and checked on the pineapple tomato plant, should two more ready to go in a day or so. The weather has gone from the mid 90's to the low to mid 70's, I hope it helps us to get a few more precious gems!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jared,

How much did that Big Boy tomato weigh, was it really one pound? You almost beat my record this season..:lol:

Latest posts