How Many Husbands Buy Mothers Day Gift For Wife?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DH has bought me a rose bush for Mother's Day the past couple of years, after I hinted that I'd rather have something with roots attached. ;) I think I'm good on roses now, so I wonder what he'll think of this year. He picks it out himself and says it is from him and the kids. Now that the kids are getting a little bigger, I'd like to see them come up with something themselves, perhaps with a little prompting or guidance. I think it's good for them to learn thoughtfulness (and thankfulness too, helps to model both.) A hand-drawn card would suit me just fine. :)

Those are my favorite...especially if they put some work into them. My oldest is 29 now, but on occasion he will still make me a hand-drawn, crayon and construction paper card for my birthday. It's like getting a gold bar for a gift!

I've made them some interesting hand drawn cards over the years too...I try to put as much humor in them as possible. :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My birthday falls close to Mother's Day, do I get a card or gift for both. Sometimes he gives me elaborately hand drawn cards for birthdays or anniversary. I have everyone of them. He is so sweet and thoughtful.

I too, have a tractor and it counts for every holiday for the rest of my life. LOL I used it today to stretch fence. Love my tractor!

On our 13th anniversary, I sent him flowers-13 different ones. A friend, who was a radio DJ, recorded my telling DH how much I loved him and dedicated Josh Grobans song, You Raise Me Up to him. It played at lunch, do I could leave work and go to his job. He cried when he heard it on the radio.

Yes, he gives me cards, gifts and his devotion. He's a keeper.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Years ago I gave my wife a casket for a Christmas gift.
At that time I told her "no more gifts until you use this one"!!!
Now I've heard rumors that she may use it for me, that's not what I meant......

THANX RICH

DSCF0709.JPG

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would make a GREAT raised garden bed.

My husband usually forgets holidays, but randomly throughout the year he'll surprise me with something FANTASTIC. One year there was a sale on notebooks and he got me about 20. (I love new notebooks. It's a problem.)

I expressed an interest in bettas and he got me 12 male/female pairs, possibly not realizing how much work 24 individual tanks might be. -.-

Got me the entire ART STORE when I mentioned I wanted to learn how to paint...

I can forgive the holidays, really. :)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My hubby buys me gifts for Mother's day. He also takes the girls when he goes shopping. This year I got two new rose bushes for my new "garden oasis!"

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took my wife out to breakfast at a small country eatery. They gave her a red wave petunia. After breakfast we went to the master gardeners mother's day plant sale. I bought 5 hebes (varigated , grows to 1' x 1' ) , 5 purple ( her favorite color) Iris, 4 varigated beutyberry bush. Callicarpa dicholoma ' Duet' ( cultivar from China via US National Arboretum ). I cooked a chicken dinner and had a nice bottle of wine. :drool all 3 of our kids called and talked to all 6 grandkids. :cool:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband used to give me a card from each of the 'kids' (dogs, cats, horses) - with their names printed inside as if printed by an appropriate aged child. From Crush and Lily who were only kittens (theirs were paw prints) to Gail who was in her teens (nice flow-y cursive).
I cherished them!
Still do.

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We don't really do gifts. We never have. We buy for Christmas (one gift each) and he always makes supper on my birthday and our anniversary. If he's deployed or out of pocket and can get to a computer I get flowers or a trinket (from wherever he is) to go on my dressing table. The other holidays we ignore. The kids always make me something and I love it. I keep everything in a shoebox and we get them out on August 1st every year and look at them.
We go all out for Birthdays though. But, that's a different rambling.

Latest posts