How much snow did you get?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was forecasted as a "snow sprinkle" (whatever that is) but we got another almost inch earlier today. The snow, however, was supposed to show up later today. If so, we'll be shoveling once again tomorrow.

My wonder, super-special, perfect DH shoveled another path to the chicken coop and spent quite a bit of time opening the garden shed door that had frozen shut. Isn't he great?

Now I have plenty of peat moss for my CLOUDBERRY seeds planting today.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The south has been shut down due to a little ice! In Louisiana They kept students overnight in school because the buses could not handle an icy hill. WOW!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No snow here. BRRRRRRRR!!!!! MINUS DEGREES???? MINUS MINUS WINDCHILL??????? Nope, staying right here. I thought chipping ice in the animals water troughs was bad....... (ducking from snowballs thrown at me) :lol:

Snowballs? I don't have the best snow for that at the moment.

Now icicles and chunks of ice, that's another story...

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hey, sorry I did not get back. I do not get messaged if I have been tagged. I am in North central Fla. Yesterday it was 86 and a bit uncomfortable. I hope we get a spring.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spring would be nice but I don’t think so for a while, at least here. Sunday we got 5-1/2” of dry snow. Monday it got up to the upper 30’s and half the snow melted. Yesterday we started with a freezing drizzle, that changed to just a drizzle, followed by a light dusting of snow. Not an ice storm, just a real think sheet of ice topped with water that was really slick for a while. But by afternoon it wasn’t bad. It stayed between 29 and 33 degrees all day.

Today an arctic mass comes in, heading us for a couple of overnights of predicted single digits. The weatherman said we had four different chances of snow in the seven day forecast, two really not much and two where we might actually see some accumulation.

While we had a snow with accumulation on May 1st last year, the latest in recorded history that wiped out most of my fruit crop, last winter wasn’t bad. We had almost no snow and the overnight lows seldom dipped below the high teens, no single digits all winter. The year before that, spring came a full three weeks earlier than normal. Welcome to winter in the Ozarks.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still coming. With winds to pick up and re-deposit where God wants it. Just wish he wanted it in Canada, Alaska, Texas..........
image.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe California. They could use the moisture. It's really getting bad out there.

I moved north from Louisiana for four seasons, but I had a limit on how far north. Thanks for reminding me why. :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on that, RidgeRunner! And, Bay', and our other southern gardeners.

I had no intention of stopping at 48* North. Yeah, even though my parents and brother had moved here and my uncle was already here. I Was Moving North!

I'm not interested in winter sports, careening downhill in the cold? Sliding around on ice? I'm too uncoordinated!

But it is the lack of light that really seems to weigh me down. The sheer darkness of it all . . . grey . . . tedious hours . . . okay, I will stop.

Steve
under blue skies, fast moving clouds with sub-zero on the thermometer!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! @seedcorn! Don't send it to Texas! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I like @Ridgerunner 's idea--send it to California! They are in a terrible drought and would love the snow (after it melted)!!

Latest posts