How much snow did you get?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
At this point in my life when I'm wearing them I call them"long shorts".:D

Steve, if you get lonely for snow I'd be happy to share. We still have a yard full, although the shoveled paths are down to soil.
We have been sleeping with the window cracked open at night. I love fresh air, but this has got to be the first January
that I've ever got to do that.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ridgerunner... We have had a mixed bag of junk fall from the sky lately.... our temps are going to be like a roller coaster... I hate that! Just some snow showers this week as far as I know. Today it was barely 40, yesterday it was in the mid 50's

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the subject of fashion: I know I am hopelessly out of date, and I don't have any idea of what is in fashion for kids, but I saw something in Kohls the other day that I had to laugh at. Crossing through the teen boys' section, I spied a pair of pants displayed with the phrase something like "skinny baggies". They were tight legged jeans with a long loose rise. So a kid wearing them would have them hanging around his hips, hanging crotch, but tight in the legs. That silly Bieber kid comes to mind, but I really have no idea what he wears.
I don't know if this is an improvement on the baggy, big leg "pants on the ground" look of a couple years ago.
I'll just stick to the basics, well worn, thank you.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just a demonstration of my fashion sense, a pair of work jeans.

Jeans.JPG

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Before you all smack me, I was on a cruise to Mexico for the last week. I was somewhat frantic bc we had booked this a year ago, and my 25yo had agreed to stay and take care of all of the animals. She did a marvelous job, but I lost track of how many times I apologized that I left her with a blizzard and almost record lows--it got down to -18 degrees F.
We only got about 15 inches of snow but the drifts were 4 ft. high. FORTUNATELY we just bought a new, self propelled heavy duty snowblower that drives itself, so she could "shovel" pretty easily. Most of the snow has melted with the thaw, but we don't get much snow in central Illinois, and we are EAST-central, which means we often have a snow drought.
DH is waiting for "The Dairy Barn", and their famous ice cream cones, to open this Spring. :rolleyes:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ducks for you.... how lucky you are to go on a cruise!!! I'd love to go on one. Maybe once my youngest is out of school I can "celebrate" that all the kids are grown and on their "own" :D
All of our snow is gone.... but the weather people say we will get snow showers this week. At least the temps aren't going to be too bad

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No snow here. BRRRRRRRR!!!!! MINUS DEGREES???? MINUS MINUS WINDCHILL??????? Nope, staying right here. I thought chipping ice in the animals water troughs was bad....... (ducking from snowballs thrown at me) :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather forecaster tells us we will have a negligible 'dusting' of snow today. Well, we've been dusted for the past six hours while those dratted flakes continue to gang up in the driveway (et al) where DH is shoveling. It seemed the flakes were tapering off, but of course, they just started falling en masse as soon as DH stepped out the door.

Now, tomorrow is a different story. The snow that starts at noon tomorrow should give us 2.5 inches or 3 inches or 4 inches or who knows. Ah, winter in Wisconsin!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
No snow here. BRRRRRRRR!!!!! MINUS DEGREES???? MINUS MINUS WINDCHILL??????? Nope, staying right here. I thought chipping ice in the animals water troughs was bad....... (ducking from snowballs thrown at me) :lol:
Snowballs, I will throw streams of snow from snow blower!

Latest posts