How playing in the dirt makes you happy

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, that is what Grandma's house is for. If my daughter ever knew what her three got into here, and what they looked like before getting cleaned up to go home, I doubt she would have let me take them every other weekend.

We had fun and we made messes. And we learned a lot about life.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, that is what Grandma's house is for. If my daughter ever knew what her three got into here, and what they looked like before getting cleaned up to go home, I doubt she would have let me take them every other weekend.

We had fun and we made messes. And we learned a lot about life.
That is my motto! We keep play clothes just for getting dirty. Send them home to MOM clean. DAD he gets down and dirty with them. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My YUPPIE daughter had her three sanitized and afraid to go outside. Then they came to my house where they had to be forced to come in when it got dark. And, yes, I kept play clothes for them to wear here, too.

Just soap. None of those antiseptic -- kills all things -- stuff. They got dirty, they got clean. They had fun in between. Alas, I didn't have the time I would have liked with them. Every one has allergies. The two little ones got/get to Grandma's a lot more. Not a sniffle or sneeze whatever the time of year.

Coincidence? I think not.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My YUPPIE daughter had her three sanitized and afraid to go outside. Then they came to my house where they had to be forced to come in when it got dark. And, yes, I kept play clothes for them to wear here, too.

Just soap. None of those antiseptic -- kills all things -- stuff. They got dirty, they got clean. They had fun in between. Alas, I didn't have the time I would have liked with them. Every one has allergies. The two little ones got/get to Grandma's a lot more. Not a sniffle or sneeze whatever the time of year.

Coincidence? I think not.
I agree 1oo%

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I would have let her take the worm.... LOL. I hope you are getting pictures of your muddy swamp monsters!

It wouldn't be the worst of what I've found in the backseat of my car, that's for sure!

I learned early on to only send them to Nana's with their rubber boots and old play clothes. DH's mom has a rocky little stream that runs through her property. Weather permitting, they always head straight for it and Nana too. They love to hunt for crawdads and salamanders or whatever else they can find.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the worst of what I've found in the backseat of my car, that's for sure!

I learned early on to only send them to Nana's with their rubber boots and old play clothes. DH's mom has a rocky little stream that runs through her property. Weather permitting, they always head straight for it and Nana too. They love to hunt for crawdads and salamanders or whatever else they can find.
Fabulous playground and WONDERFUL NANA ;)

Latest posts