How Will it be for You?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it was the writer's cats who were most interested in trading George off. The father also was trying to be helpful ... in his old age, and given his inclinations.

Perhaps, votes of the cat population should be taken in each household for any offers made.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My bedside alarm clock automatically changed to daylight savings time ... overnight.

There is a solution; did I already suggest it? Probably not, I recognize high noon - when I face towards all 4 cardinal points and make note of my place in the universe. Let's just consider noon 1pm, year-round ...

We already have more "savings" months than standard. Besides the Year One didn't begin with Zero (despite what so many thought at Y2K). The most recent New Year's Day wasn't 00/00/2015.

The other question is, should I throw away my old clock, the one with dst programmed in from a previous, umm, time?

:\ Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love that gentle British humor in written form. Sometimes on film, something gets lost in translation for me.
Great article, Steve. I may try to find his book. I think I read everything James Herriot wrote. (James Herriot? Is that correct? If I google, I'll lose my place here)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did, too!

Watched all the BBC shows, repeatedly :).

Translation? Just turn your captioning on ;).

Steve
once barking mad but in recovery

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love James Herriots books. I've reread the All creatures Great and Small trilogy at least 5 times (over about 38 years) . It's been that long??

I read them myself first, then shared them with dh when we were engaged, then read the first one to my kids. Much laughter shared. I'm sure I'll go through them several more times before all is said and done.