How ya doin'

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's okay, @Gardening with Rabbits .

Officially, Felts Field airport had ...

113°. No feels-like to that - AZ weather.

Steve
Last evening was 90 and felt like 89 and we thought it was cool at 8:30 at night. I almost feel like I can handle heat now. A 90 degree feel like 89 totally different than 90 and feel like 110.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a copperhead on my porch this morning. It crawled up 3 steps to get on the porch. Paris, my 13 year old Great Pyrenees, saw it the same time I did, and started stalking it. It was opened mouthed, Paris was snapping at it. I didn’t put away a square point shovel a few days ago, it was leaning against the outside wall. I grabbed it and brought it down on the copperhead, cutting it in 3 pieces. Durn thing was still trying to bite. I tossed it over a fence where Paris couldn’t get it. Old girl sure hates snakes and kills every one she finds. But here lately she has really slowed down and I didn’t want to risk her getting bit.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a copperhead on my porch this morning. It crawled up 3 steps to get on the porch. Paris, my 13 year old Great Pyrenees, saw it the same time I did, and started stalking it. It was opened mouthed, Paris was snapping at it. I didn’t put away a square point shovel a few days ago, it was leaning against the outside wall. I grabbed it and brought it down on the copperhead, cutting it in 3 pieces. Durn thing was still trying to bite. I tossed it over a fence where Paris couldn’t get it. Old girl sure hates snakes and kills every one she finds. But here lately she has really slowed down and I didn’t want to risk her getting bit.
Paris may be slowing down but you have not~ WOW. No snake is safe!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-07-05-05-02-32_kindlephoto-145701361.png

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are masks optional or mandatory? Over here they are only mandatory in public transport but not for shopping. The only public transport I use is a 15 minute ferry with my bicycle. I've used it twice since March and worked from home the rest of the time. Gotta say I've loved working from home and regret we're starting back at the office next week. Will still be working one day at home fortunately. I was glad to have a renewal of my contract for another year.
Optional here. There is a belief by many that they do not prevent covid and can inflame and even worsen conditions in those with breathing problems, due forcing us the breathe in carbon dioxide from exhaled breath.

One lady at a local shop felt faint on many occasions because she couldn't breathe properly with the mask.

I've heard from medical experts in America that only medical employees should be now be wearing them.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi ya-all,
My name is Jim, I've been Annette's other half for the past 64 years and she's asked me to post an update of what's happening.
First like most others everywhere we've been hunkered down because of this "covid19" thingy. Vancouver island got on top of it pretty quick so we only ever had 1 case, and have been clear for some days now.
Annette can't handle the computer right now, she had radiation for brain tumors and it has messed with her eyesight and motor skills.
She can't check her emails so if anyone would care to get a message to her maybe try me and I'll see she gets it.
"jbarley at shaw.ca"
Annette spent most of last year in a hospital bed, first with a broken ankle then soon followed by a broken knee. She still spends her days in bed totally frustrated.
Annette misses all her friends on the forum and sends everyone a big hug.
Regards.
Jim Barley.
Hello Jim

I can totally understand how hard it must be with the radiation coming from computersand phones.

In saying the above maybe a plugged in mobile phone would be less of a problem. I do not know for sure but someone here may have that answer.

I hope she has improved a little by now.

My apologies for my late reply.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am doing great. My son rolled his truck 2 mornings ago on his way to work. 4 deer were in the road, he hit one, swerved, ran off the road, hit a culvert and rolled. He went to the hospital, no broken bones, no internal injuries. They kept him overnight for observation because they found 3 bruises on his lungs. He got to go home yesterday. ER was a zoo, people in the hallways because there was nowhere to put them.

Som walked away from this. The Grace of God was upon him.

065169D0-6631-406E-AC2E-E7CE2ACCFEE6.jpeg

CB3AB506-F82F-43FC-B7FC-6034107C330D.jpeg

F7939AC0-B73E-4CE6-A8EC-724EFE84CD6F.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD and family are coming tonight. DD and husband are taking a flight out of Dallas to Italy for 10 days, will come in late, we’ll meet them next day to return children and dogs to them. They both have new jobs in Corpus Christi, DSIL starts August 2. They have a contract on their house in Odessa. A friend of DD’s at the college, his sister has offered to stay with him, to let DD and family stay in her 2 bedroom house until they find a place. Can y’all believe that generous offer?
We will have 3 girls and 3 dogs the next 11 days, we are so excited! The back yard has been small dog proofed. Let the fun begin!