HR 875 Anyone else Freaked Out by this??

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey, I set up a thread here somewhere asking about more information for this. I didn't find out much though... I'm going to read your links.

I promise you though, if it becomes a crime for me to grow my own food to feed myself.... I'm just going to start growing pot and be done with it! LOL

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Seems our gov wants total control over every aspect of our lives (as well as photo documentation) these days. The more they push, the more the people will find ways to ignore them and work around them . . . or worse. I think they are causing themselves lots of problems if they try to push something like this forward. JMO.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I did a bit of research about this today and posted this on Sufficient Self. I started with the excellent thread over on BYC and went from there. . Click on the 'full text' link for the full bill. It's interesting reading - and is as insidious as many have said. An interesting little sideshow is how involved Monsanto is in the bill, the husband of the bill's sponsor does high-level research for Monsanto (among others, of course), and it's being billed by some as Monsanto's Dream Bill, and from what I've read, they aren't far from the mark.

This bill will do serious damage to small farmer, and offer free reign to the Big Ag Monsanto is so wrapped up in.

It's Monsanto that wants to control our food, and with the help of our government they're well on their way :rolleyes:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Government is darned if they do, darned if they don't.

If they allow bad foods on the market, people get up in arms wanting them to safe guard our food.

Then when they try, people complain that too much government regs.............

At least we have things to complain about w/out worrying about being shipped to outer siberia.........:lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My issue with this is, the FDA needs to really enforce the laws they already have. I think its the issue of new ideas are scary so they are coming up with new ideas and letting everyone write in on it who have different ideas. They don't really push for a happy medium with what we have before they try to push more laws. They also seem to making laws broader so there are no real loop holes and it swallows everyone. To push the little guy aside and kill them off as to gain more control and money out of the big guy.

The more they do this, the more I want to grow my own and become my own soveriegn government on an acre of land! LOL

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Government is darned if they do, darned if they don't.

If they allow bad foods on the market, people get up in arms wanting them to safe guard our food.

Then when they try, people complain that too much government regs.............

At least we have things to complain about w/out worrying about being shipped to outer siberia.........:lol:
How very true! Plus, as was pointed out on Sufficient Self, bills come and go. Anybody can propose ANYthing. Doesn't mean it's going to pass. Good time to call one's senator and give one's opinion!

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My understanding after reading the long boring language is it really is aimed more at dairy producers(raw), but it does include small scale produce too. There are people who do not understand that the health issues with milk hit during the industrial revolution, when dairies moved their operations into cities in the basements of buildings & such. the areas were not kept very clean & the cattle did not get much sunlight, their natural diet was taken away(grazing) & being in such close quarters diseases spread quickly. So then a rampant problem with bad bacteria in milk & people got sick. Not to mention those handling the milk were not the cleanest people either.