1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Member's New Trailer - The Tools & Supplies Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Humming Birds? - Zone 6a

Discussion in 'Everything Else Garden' started by hjsullivan, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Apr 19, 2016
    ninnymary

ninnymary Garden Master

Maybe there is an invasive type of trumpet vine. Over here it is just a vine that doesn't reseed or grow runners. It is very well behaved. Kind of like Wisteria, it can grow strong branches.

Mary

ducks4you and hjsullivan like this.
  2. Apr 19, 2016
    so lucky

so lucky Garden Master

Finally a hummingbird appeared at our feeder this morning. I was beginning to wonder.
    @hjsullivan , somewhere I have a pic of a little hummer hanging upside down on the perch of our big feeder. He was fighting with another more aggressive male and apparently decided to do battle from that position.
    Have you seen the Nat Geo special on hummers? You can probably see it online now. It has been on PBS, too.

hjsullivan likes this.
  3. Apr 20, 2016
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

In my garden the bee balm is one of the most popular with the hummers. Especially the Jacob Cline.

001.JPG

4. Apr 20, 2016
    hjsullivan

hjsullivan Attractive To Bees

Yay! I ordered my feeder and ant trap yesterday, should be here tomorrow :). I'll get it set up next weekend near the tiger lilies. Until I am able to get some of the perennials mentioned by the Mass Audubon!

I like thoooose! And they are on the list by the Mass Audubon! I'll have to see if I can find some this weekend :).

My yard is really transforming, this is so cool!
    Before we never really did anything with our back yard, but last years vegetable garden inspired me to really spruce it up and make it an extension of the house. A nice place to relax and enjoy the spring and summer days.

Thanks everyone!
    I'll keep you posted :).
    h

ducks4you and thistlebloom like this.