Hurray! for spring!

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hurray! This forum is really picking up...Thanks for spring...At least for some folks...Lots of seedlings growing inside @ our house anyway. Keep all those interesting posts coming!:happy_flower

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, when I took the dogs for their 5am pre-breakfast patrol, we heard the first chorus of spring peeper frogs.

The Guard Puppy Patrol also informs me that there are now three dens of monster, garden-devouring rabbits breeding in the rock walls. Fortunately, this year a friend volunteered to set Havahart traps for them and today DH finished putting up that rabbit fencing stuff.

Lilac & forsythia buds are starting to swell. Some maples are just starting to put out flowers. My cherry trees are also starting to think about spring, just a little--and they are planted on a Northern slope. In the front yard I have a hyacinth and a daffodil blooming, and all the crocuses have popped up and flowered.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just can't get enough of the colors of the many flowers and trees in bloom here... the smell of the fresh cut grass.... :mow

Its enough to make me want to take some zyrtec or benedryl and take my rear end to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barnie

:rose:rose:rose:rose

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
has spring sprung anywhere yet???

Baymule?
Hoodat?
Southern?

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NO! :hit It's rainy, dreary and downright depressing! I had to slog through mud yesterday to get my greenhouse cleaned out so I can start my seeds. 90% chance of more rain tomorrow. :hit:hit I have a river running through my yard, my poor chickens are up to their necks in mud and my dogs don't want to go out and do their business. :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We need a gardener in Corpus Christi and southern Florida has been warm!

For northern Florida I checked February weather in Pensacola. The only warm day (77F) came with over 3 inches of rain! That was the warmest day thereabouts. Both Charleston & Savannah have had a couple of frosts this month. Birmingham has, too. The thermometer crept into the mid-70's once.

TEG once had a gardener who lived with his father in Porto Rico. And, it would be nice to hear from Warthog in Belize, again . . . .

Steve :/