Hypertufa??

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for those links, karanleaf. I especially like the fact that you can sculpt the hypertufa before it is fully set. That gets the gears in my mind turning. Could be dangerous.

Well, unless some attractive young man comes and volunteers to tend my garden and animals this summer, I just don't see myself doing this until fall at the earliest. . . yeah, don't ask me why the young man would have to be attractive. ;) :p

Good luck, vfem. I wish I had a friend who would enable me into doing this ASAP. :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Guess what I bought when I went to Home Depot tonight!!! :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun

I just went to pick up 2 more tomato plants I had room for and there it was.... perilite!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooo.... I grabbed that, some peat moss and portland cement mix. :plbb

Hubby is going to pick up a 12 pack of Bud light and we're going to mix us up some Hypertufa mix!!!

Whoooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo.... wish us luck!!!!!!

:rose :weight :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
Guess what I bought when I went to Home Depot tonight!!! :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun

I just went to pick up 2 more tomato plants I had room for and there it was.... perilite!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooo.... I grabbed that, some peat moss and portland cement mix. :plbb

Hubby is going to pick up a 12 pack of Bud light and we're going to mix us up some Hypertufa mix!!!

Whoooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo.... wish us luck!!!!!!

:rose :weight :rose
Do you think the beer will work better than water? Hey the Hypertufa maybe lighter due to the foam :lol: :lol: :gig :gig :lol:

Or is that just a lighter way of getting stoned ??? :gig :gig :lol:

Becareful and enjoy your self :woot

Let us see the results of the hypertufa not nessarly of the beer drinking :gig

Have a good evening all I gotta get back to working Greenhouse stuff. :frow I'll be checking in tomorrow night :frow

:happy_flower Karan :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had some company, and one too many beers.... we decided to do this project today instead. Which I'm glad... we were all a bit tipsy and ended up building a bonfire instead. I'd be afraid to the results of what I did had I don it after one too many beers. :lol:

Don't worry, I'm planning on working on this today.... Hubby is going to work on the siding and I'm going to do this and stain a few more raised beds I missed!

:happy_flower :happy_flower :happy_flower :happy_flower :happy_flower :happy_flower:watering :watering :watering

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:thumbsup Good thinking Vfem :clap

I was concerned you would have ended up PLASTERED in 2 ways and become a garden statue :gig :gig :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see your 1st hypertufa project :clap

Well going back out to the greenhouse.

HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :rainbow-sun :watering :rose :throw :bouquet

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Its on the porch covered in plastic curing as we speak... however, we ended up with a BAD storm tonight, so I'm hoping it didn't get it too moist in there. I will check it tomorrow... but I will leave it until at least monday before I take the mold off.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok... here's a sneak peek of what i'm doing!

hypertufa1.jpg

hypertufa2.jpg

hypertufa3.jpg

hypertufa4.jpg

And embarrassing photo hubby snapped while I was staining the bench on the front porch. Gosh, do I need a shower or what!?!?!

LOL

stain_bench1.jpg

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Vfem Good thinking on the 2 pots you used for your molds :thumbsup How many did you mold up? and how much mix did you put together? Come on spill the beans. We need to know how much can be made with a mix :idunno Good Luck with them. I bet they come out great :woot

Ya don't looked as plastered as I thought you would be :gig

Just Kidding ;)

You look like a woman on a mission :tools and don't get in your way ..

Well I just came in from the greenhouse and I am beat. :th But it's a GOOD Tired. :ya

Check in with ya all with my 1st cup of coffee :caf in the AM

Latest posts