I am resigning!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, Red, I hope I develop your flexible, relaxed outlook ...someday, any day! My DH would sure appreciate it also. Glad to hear your DH is active and outside, even if it isn't necessarily the project you would have picked for him!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Dear. I am sorry for the plant losses. I am also glad DH is feeling better and out doors. Maybe given time some of them will still show up. :fl

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awwwwwww, Red!!!!!!! :hit Years...a life of work and hope there...gone. I think it's time you had a secret garden too!! With fences...BIG ones...and a gate....with a lock!!! :hugs

Sorry Red it is hard sharing space when gardening. Think how warm you where from the woodpile this winter, when only source of heat. A lot of parents can't get their grown children to lift a finger to help them. sounds like your son tries hard to help you and your husband.

Amen to that, sister!!! :frow When my mother and I need help, both my brothers and my sons are scarcer than hens teeth. We might get them out here one or two days a year....if we are lucky that year. :rolleyes:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, Nyboy, our son will help out anytime we ask and lives nearby. That is surely a good thing. Our daughter is a busy Yuppie Mom with little time for anything other than her work and her family an hour away.

However, son has not been gainfully employed since the furniture company went out of business a year ago or so. We are happy to accept his help but are enabling his situation by paying him for his time out here -- not that he asks, but we offer knowing there is a need.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I am sympathetic for your losses, and just wondering if, in the future, there is any way to avoid this. You can certainly talk to your son and point out to him where the flower beds are, but your husband, with his failing memory, may need some extra reminders. Would it be possible to put little flags where you expect the perennials to pop up, early in the season? Or little cages made out of wire?
We eventually have to give up a lot of things to accommodate our spouses' diminished capacity, but I hope having flowers and edibles growing around us isn't one of the casualties.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... accommodate our spouses ...

Every year, there is a chance of losing the entire season. Truth be told, that was true with earlier spouse but loss or gain was based on whims, not health. For both, and for both reasons, seasons have been lost.

There are certain advantages for Steve in focusing on annuals, and one year at a time.

digitS'

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about all your flowers and plants. I tried some tulips a few years ago, but between the grandkids and the ground moles I gave up on perennials. MontyJ bought me some bulbs to plant ( I forgot what they are) and I'm afraid to plant them.
I have to agree with Steve...annuals....one year at a time!!!

Latest posts