I am resigning!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My veggies are in raised beds. The flower gardens are more free-form the way I like them. Nothing worth worrying about and nothing that can't be replaced except the spouse. He is both irreplaceable and priceless.

I have decided to purchase and use a shorter wire fencing that will at least give warning that something is planted inside. In truth, if I were to keep the weeds out, spouse would have no reason to carry his hoe around the plantings, so I need to be pro-active rather than re-active here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, the red, red one is up, but the white one must have been hoed down to the root last fall. However, I just received a shipping notice today that there are 7 more Hydrangea, 3 more Hosta, 2 more Heuchera, and 3 more bleeding Hearts on their way to south-est, central-est Wisconsin as I type this. What the "H" was I thinking one cold winter evening?

Two of the bleeding hearts are white -- one with a pink border -- and one is yellow. While I appreciate your kind offer, I think I have the problem of up-rooted whites taken care of and then some.

No, Nyboy, you are not the only one with a gardening problem around here! I confess to that affliction as well. Now, where in the world do I plant 7 more hydrangea?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, oh my, that blue hedge is beautiful. I have a few of the white Annabells seen in the first site photo and had thought of a great place to 'hedge' them before I saw your post and how wonderful they would look in front of my gold arborvitae tree row.

I have two blue "Endless Summer" hydrangea in the turn-around hoping for a stunning display of blue blooms against the paper birch.

Of course, the new seven hydrangea are all a different variety so I'm not sure they would look well in a hedge together. Some are minis and some are much larger. As long as I plant in a spot spouse isn't likely to tamper with, I can get them growing to where I can propagate new bushes.
Fire Light, Blue Jangles, Gatsby Star, Blue Bunny, Paraplu, Rave, and Gatsby Pink make up the first of the H's (hydrangeas).
Curly Fries, Bridal Falls, and Wishing Well are the second of the H's (hostas).
Pear Crisp and Cinnamon Curls make up the third set of H's (heuchera) and finally there are Sulfur Hearts, Love Hearts, and Sweet Hearts -- none of them are all-white like I thought -- making up the last H (bleeding hearts). Do you really think I need another bleeding heart?
Yes, I do, too!

That's why I asked what the "H" was I thinking. This may be a 4-H mistake of grand proportions!

Latest posts