I cut down a tree~standing dead~firewood

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the photo it looks like you cut it down and it fell up hill. That's just the photo, right? What kind of tree is that? My husband will be quite jealous of all that wood.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
A friend once came over to cut down some trees near some powerlines. He strapped on some spikes,I could not believe how fast he could clime a tree with them.

I have tree hooks~but~they won't let me climb trees anymore, oldest daughter scolded me~and looked at me with wrinkled brow~ when I told her I cut and split a bit of wood``` What if you get hurt~ doing dangerous things and no bodies is here?``

I was careful, worked slow~ well I told her about the small tree I took down about 14" at the base~ I was being careful```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love this video.

They don't show the ones that go the wrong way!```Couple guys I know have dented cabs on their trucks~ happened at different times ~ "how'd that happen to you truck?" "Though the truck was far enough away"~ " It was or you wouldn't have been able to drive it away"```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the photo it looks like you cut it down and it fell up hill. That's just the photo, right? What kind of tree is that? My husband will be quite jealous of all that wood.

Yes, fell uphill~ down hill would have taken the green house, bunkhouse power lines and driven the 6" X 6" power pole into the ground like a dowel~ before hitting the road```na maybe it wouldn't have hit the road with anything big```

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, fell uphill~ down hill would have taken the green house, bunkhouse power lines and driven the 6" X 6" power pole into the ground like a dowel~ before hitting the road```na maybe it wouldn't have hit the road with anything big```
Well...in that case..you are a genius. My neighbor has been cutting trees for wood his whole life. He fell a tree on his house...TWICE!

Latest posts