I guess I am stuck

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Almost three years ago Ava, our granddaughter, asked her parents to buy her a pet, and they let her pick out a goldfish that she named Redhat. They had the fish for about two weeks and wanted to go on vacation, so they asked Theresa and I to fish sit. When they returned, they were always too busy to pick up the fish. Here it is three years later, and we still have the darn fish, only he is no longer a little fish. We have spent a few hundred dollars buying larger tanks, and filters, fish food and water treatment supplies. Every time my wife goes by the tank the fish goes crazy, so she feeds him, and he keeps getting bigger and bigger and we have to buy a larger tank. Ava still calls him Redhat, I call him Moby Dick. Now, she says he will have to stay with us, because the tank is too big and they don't have room for it. :rolleyes: So, I guess I am stuck.

Jack B

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Impressed with planted aquarium. Now admit it, you would miss him.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.

Today my 2 1/2 year old would not hug and kiss his Grandpa that he always lavishes with love and affection.( I still got mine.) Haha.
The day will come when they will not come to visit with the same glee that they do now. So I will continue to have horses, a dog, cats and baby chicks to entice them even when they are annoying teens.
So keep the fish so when she gets a little older she still needs to visit her fish. And her Grandpa.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Impressed with planted aquarium. Now admit it, you would miss him.
I certainly would not miss all of the work involved taking care of it. These things can live for over three decades!

Jack B

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Hahahahaha.

Today my 2 1/2 year old would not hug and kiss his Grandpa that he always lavishes with love and affection.( I still got mine.) Haha.
The day will come when they will not come to visit with the same glee that they do now. So I will continue to have horses, a dog, cats and baby chicks to entice them even when they are annoying teens.
So keep the fish so when she gets a little older she still needs to visit her fish. And her Grandpa.
That is why I got her hooked on gardening, so we will always share a common interest. Yesterday, she asked how come I know so much about plants? I said because I read lots and lots of books, and she replied, "the next time we go to the library Pop, I want some books on plants." Love it!!

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Time spent with your grand daughter is so much fun isn't it? You and your wife are fish-sitting heroes!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Ha so that is how it is done. Bring them over for a weekend and forget to pick them up again! Good looking goldfish, well feed for sure. ;)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
A Ha so that is how it is done. Bring them over for a weekend and forget to pick them up again! Good looking goldfish, well feed for sure. ;)
Do you suppose Weight Watchers has a program for fish? :lol:

Jack B

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That poor starving waif of a fish! ferheavenzsake, feed Redhat more food.

What a beautiful Goldfish! How are Ava's Cantaloupes doing?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is hilarious! :gig I have done that to my dad once with a dog....

Look at that big 'ol fish belly. Sure looks like he is eating well. :lol: How big do you suppose he might get?