I HATE DELAWARES-THEY KILLED ELSA

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
The killing cones were right in front of them, where the live ones could see their sisters/brothers being beheaded.
I don't know if chickens realize anything is threatening about this scenario, but it still kind of bothered me. :\ Of course, the only warm blooded thing I willingly kill is moles, so my opinion may not amount to much.

If it makes you feel any better, when I slaughtered my chickens they obviously didn't care. We were killing chickens right in front of them, and they were busy sticking their head through the kennels we had them crated in to pick at grass and bugs. They didn't make any nervous or upset chicken sounds, and pretty much didn't notice there was anything off until they were dead.

Of course, they were also the dumbest chickens I have ever met in my whole life. I know chickens aren't bright, but I can easily clicker train my layers. These chickens can't even find the water bucket if you move it more than 18 inches from its usual location.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@AMKuska sounds like the had the brains bred right out of them... too smart of chickens perhaps were too much trouble and so people kept selecting the ones that weren't...? dunno... just a hunch... :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me on the roof yesterday.

8c0a7754-d164-438b-af25-94c504f36477-jpeg.7886

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're amazing baymule!
Naw…….I'll just tackle anything. I was out of a job in my early 20's and took a roofing job-in July and August! I learned a lot and have since roofed my own home several times. Have helped others with their roofs too.

I just turned off the pressure canner, 16 pint jars of Delawares. We took the hogs and Dinner, the lamb wether to slaughter this morning. Then took the trailer through the carwash and came home. I been Delewaring ever since LOL. I have two big pots of bones simmering on the stove for broth. After the canner cools down and I unpack it and get it off the stove, I need to get another pot and transfer some of the bones to it. Drinking a strong cup of coffee now, feet up and sitting in my recliner.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm not a huge chicken fan, but those jars are making me drool... need breakfast... :)

you remind me of Mom, she runs circles around me all the time like the energizer bunny. hahaha.

Latest posts