I Have Full Kennel And Flu.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes we talk or communicate more with our friends here than the ones we see. So in a way our friendships are deeper.

Mary

Like family, only with less bitter memories. :) I see you all as the "nice" family I have, who I actually have some things in common with besides our parents, and aren't out to hurt anyone when we all visit. Sort of feels like the Waltons here and John Boy just left the show.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
People DIE from the flu. You better take care of yourself. You DON'T want me to come up there and kick your flu-dead butt!

i went to see what his last post was and it was the one that started this thread. i get to this post and i remember laughing about it at the time.

i don't think he died of the flu, but i don't know but i'm sure he'd appreciated the humor and love that came along with that threat. :)

i don't really know details or if he talked to anyone here after this post via PM? but if anyone can pass along that he was being cared for, in the hospital or what happened anything at all would be good to know.

RIP Alex

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is something that we will probably never know. We can surmise that based on a request for donations to the American Heart Assoc. that he may have died from a heart attack, probably brought on by the stress and weakened by the flu. That would be my guess.

At least we know why he did not come back. All too often, members simply stop posting and we are left wondering. In very few instances, we are able to find out what happened. I think knowing why is better than wondering and never knowing for sure.

@flowerbug you were upset that you had cross words with him. I know Alex, and I know that he didn't hold a grudge. I also know that whatever your differences at various times, he absolutely forgave you and moved on in the conversation.

We are a family. Family sometimes gets crossways, but remains a family, bound by family ties that go deeper than a few cross words.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is something that we will probably never know. We can surmise that based on a request for donations to the American Heart Assoc. that he may have died from a heart attack, probably brought on by the stress and weakened by the flu. That would be my guess.

At least we know why he did not come back. All too often, members simply stop posting and we are left wondering. In very few instances, we are able to find out what happened. I think knowing why is better than wondering and never knowing for sure.

@flowerbug you were upset that you had cross words with him. I know Alex, and I know that he didn't hold a grudge. I also know that whatever your differences at various times, he absolutely forgave you and moved on in the conversation.

We are a family. Family sometimes gets crossways, but remains a family, bound by family ties that go deeper than a few cross words.

i know why he was mad but i don't think he ever really understood my point so i gave up. i think he was still pondering the topic at times though. i didn't hold his anger against him because i knew i was poking at a sore spot for someone who loves animals as much as he did. what he perhaps never understood was that i love all animals, not just those we call pets and not just the pretty or safe ones.

it seems so with the heart giving out, being ill, quitting smoking at the same time, plus the work stress and i don't think he really took very good care of himself, he was one of those people who tried to take care of everyone else IMO.

thank you for the kind words. be well. and yes, i do agree with you that i would rather know than not know.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dear friend,
I miss you so much. I didn’t know it was possible to love someone I had never met face to face, as much as I loved you and I still love you. My heart aches with your loss. Your acts of kindness touched the lives of many. You set the Golden Standard for generosity, thoughtfulness and love for others. I grieve for you. Tears rolling down my face. There will never be another one like you.
Dana

Latest posts