I love what they did with these Wave Petunias!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Isn't that something.

I do like petunias. I don't particularly like how sticky they are and I am not too fond of their smell, but they are sooo darned pretty.

My fear of having something like that is the time when the petunia begins to get leggy and icky. I bet if I did one of those wonderful tree frames it would go all nasty just about the time for 'Mom' to come visit. LOL :rolleyes: Go figure, mom always visits when a dust storm hits my house and all my furniture gets covered, I am certain her timing would be equally enjoyable with my mass of petunia mess in my front yard LOL.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It is absolutely incredible. I would bow down to anyone that can pull this off because it is really quite stunning!

Thanks,

Ron

SarahFair

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
When I noted my wave becoming really leggy I pinched it back and it thickened up beautifully!

and isnt it amazing how flowers seem to know when people are coming to visit? They either want to stop blooming or die..

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That was beautiful. I have tried to start a few seeds (ornamental) and have never been successful. That is definitely my goal. First I must learn patience so that I can start seeds....

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did start wave petunias from seed ( at least that is what they were called on the seed packet....) This is my second time growing petunias from seed. It has been very difficult. I have a pretty nice patch this year, 3x3 feet wide. You are right, it takes a lot of patience!! I started them in a cold frame and then transferred them to the garden. They were very small. I kind of forgot about them and the next thing I knew I had a good looking grouping! Keep trying! Good luck! I love the "petunia" trees- just have to convince DH to make me a frame...

SarahFair

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
I love the "petunia" trees- just have to convince DH to make me a frame...
haha Im right there with you. I showed my SO and he kinda growned at my next project for him..

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SarahFair said:
I dont think you can start WP from seeds. They are grafted
I bought their tidal wave version from seed from ParkSeed this year. I had one or 2 that did ok, No matter how much I pinched them... they were the leggiest petunia's I've ever had... and I really loved that hot pink color!