I Made Chicken Soup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any soup ingredient except the starch, Mary.

It's a good time to get the herbal flavors in there. I generally go for bay with beef, for sure.

Onions, garlic, celery ... don't bother with dicing anything up ... It's all to be tossed in the trash, later.

If you want to add more flavor to the beef bones, oven roast them, first. Use a timer! ... especially for chicken bones. They burn quickly.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I made chicken and rice soup. It came out very good, going to have again for dinner tonight. I did cheat bought store cooked chicken. Was cheaper then raw by $3.00.
sSig_youtheman[1].gif

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, a chicken can make a lot of meals. I bought a chicken and roasted it on Thursday. We had left overs on Friday. We had red beans and rice with diced chicken in it on Sunday, and will have chicken soup, cooked from the carcass tonight. With left over soup for lunch tomorrow. Then my chickens will get the remains of the carcass to pick over. Then it will eventually become compost.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm proud of you for trying despite all the razzing we've given you on your cooking abilities. Store bought chicken or not, when you add your own ingredients and enjoy the results you 'done good'. That is so much better -- and better for you -- then opening a can.

we have never razzed him of his cooking abilities, just the fact many do not come over or recovered from eating berries...:lol:

and as so lucky said a big chicken can go a long way.....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure, right, you're appalled!;)

:loveGood grief if any at all.

I will acknowledge that I have been guilty :ducin the far distant past of the most gentle and loving razzing from time to time, but never the giving of grief :hitto Nyboy.

Latest posts