I promised myself that I wouldn't but....

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your order already. I havnt ordered any yet, we ordered early last year and I handled them some much I thought they would be wore out before planting time lol. Now the big wait. Good luck.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ordered some seeds from sampleseeds.com. Everyday, I check the mail several times a day! BTW, I'm not even a "seed person". I don't do very well with seeds, especially the "hardening off". Good thing my garden is small and I don't grow anything exotic. I can just buy some transplants.

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My seeds just came too... I'm thrilled! However, no tomato seeds to start from seed this year. I loss so many starts of tomatoes and peppers every year when I try to harden them off. Like if I start 12 plants, I only ever get 5-6 in the ground and sometimes I loss 1 or 2 of them before they really get going. Then I went to my local nursery and they have tons of tomato starts they do. They include hybrid and heirloom in cherry, slicer and paste tomatoes.... and at $2 for 4 plants, I'm going that route this year.

I just 'might' start a few from seeds from last year in the house to see if they take, but I can't buy anymore seed and seed starter pots to be disappointed again. I have $20 put aside for tomato plants this year, and my neighbor is starting pepper plants in his greenhouse, he's going to give me the extra's he doesn't need. Plus, how lucky am I, they're family does not like peppers other then his wife, and she usually freezes a gallon bag of peppers and that lasts her all year. I end up with buckets full of peppers he grows and has no use for! LOL

Today is a beautiful day so I think I'm going to go try some cabbage, radish, lettuce, pak choi & spinach seed. Direct sowing! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I ordered some seeds from sampleseeds.com. Everyday, I check the mail several times a day! BTW, I'm not even a "seed person". I don't do very well with seeds, especially the "hardening off". Good thing my garden is small and I don't grow anything exotic. I can just buy some transplants.

Mary
You will be just fine, just plant WAY more then you need. Enough should take, and you're going to have fun keeping busy starting those seeds. Its something to do while you're all fidgeting waiting on spring! lol

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I got so anxious to get started that when my seed order arrived, I started making seed tapes. No more guesswork on the spacing, no more "winging it" or "eye-balling it". It's my first time making them. I am so ready to plant!

lillie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
I ordered the Burpee Carnival Bell Pepper Mix too :hide . My favorite snack is a sliced bell pepper- yum! I am very intrigued by the brandywine since I have heard it tastes amazing.
Brandywine is really good. And HUGE!! My favorite by far though is Cherokee Purple...I'd suggest adding that to your list. ;)

Latest posts