I still have more seeds to send!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get on the seed train...

Wasn't that the name of a disco tune I used to perform in the 70's on sax? Champagne or Shorty would remember...

I'm thinking about it Bay, but...

Can someone explain the neanderthal version of how it works?

:confused: o_O :confused:

~~~> :weee <~~~

~~~| :ya |~~~

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, @marshallsmyth I offer mastodon tooth beans, saved from last year, 15 seeds. You say you'll take those beans and you offer
Triceratops Tomatoes-25 seeds 2013 packet
Stegosaurus Squash-15 seed from your own garden
Brachiosaurus Broccoli- 10 seeds 2012 packet

Some one else says they want your Stegosaurus Squash and then they list what they have to offer.

You PM me you address-I send you the mastodon tooth beans. You are happy. The some one else PM's you their address and you send the Stegosaurus Squash, they are happy. And so on.

Is that clear as mud now? :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maine (5?)
The things you were able to grow successfully, oats, barley and wheat; I guess they are all grasses, yes? They are grown in the great plains states, typically, with what ever growing conditions are there. I'm wondering if they do best in cool, windy, dry conditions?
Anyway, you may have to create little micro climates to get some crops to grow. Like raise the soil temp using black plastic, or make wind breaks, or add compost to make the soil richer. Also, check out what your neighbors grow. That will give you a good idea of what you should be able to grow.
Start small, experiment, and don't consider a bad year a failure, it's just a learning experience. And let it be fun. :thumbsup

Latest posts