I want to plant now!

andehens

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I gave in and planted some seeds! couldn't help it! I figured the ground was bare any way and if something came up and thrived great and if not; nothing lost. I'm trying peas, beets, kale, brocoli, brussel sprouts and onions. Got some holes dug for some fruit trees, loving this weather!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I actually planted some garlic in a planted in the carriage house yesterday.
I have no idea if it will work out or not but I came across a paperbag full of bulbs I had ordered a while back and I hadn't planted all of them so I decided to throw the rest into the planter and see what happens.

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
simple life said:
I actually planted some garlic in a planted in the carriage house yesterday.
I have no idea if it will work out or not but I came across a paperbag full of bulbs I had ordered a while back and I hadn't planted all of them so I decided to throw the rest into the planter and see what happens.
These were the only things in my garden. my onion sets and garlic. Was told to plant them in the fall for spring crop.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put in some carrots and Spinach last week (seeds) and today they are calling for snow this evening throughout tomorrow!!! SNOW? NC? ARGH!!!!!!!!!! :/

I should have been patient. :/

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am SO jealous of you guys who can actually plant stuff outside now!!! My cousin lives in NC, and she always teases me about what she's planting when it's still cold and miserable up here. Although that really sucks to have your new stuff get snowed on, Vfem!!! I have started a bunch of seeds, and my tomatoes are already sprouting their first real leaves!

What really makes me happy is when the toms get big enough that they get that "tomato smell." Heaven!! :love

keljonma

Leafing Out
Reaction score
theOEGBman said:
I really want to plant something. Roses or trees would be fun, but we're in a rental so that isnt happening. I went and bought seeds today just to feed my addiction for a while. I cant plant them yet, but it was really fun going through the various ones and reading about them! And some were 50% off, so I had to get em. :p
We have rosemary and small fruit bushes in pots when we lived in apartments. Take it with you if you leave.

Or, if you are in a house, find out if the owner would deduct something off the rent for improvements. We did that with our first house, which we rented for a while.

keljonma

Leafing Out
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
I am SO jealous of you guys who can actually plant stuff outside now!!! My cousin lives in NC, and she always teases me about what she's planting when it's still cold and miserable up here. Although that really sucks to have your new stuff get snowed on, Vfem!!! I have started a bunch of seeds, and my tomatoes are already sprouting their first real leaves!

What really makes me happy is when the toms get big enough that they get that "tomato smell." Heaven!! :love
I read on another board about a person that moved her tomatoes into the house for winter. She put the containers in a south facing window and grew tomatoes all winter long. Same as having a ficus in the living room, but it is edible.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't hate me, but it was 86 degrees out today!

So I decided to rototill a dormant raised bed in preparation for tomatoes come March.

This bed is too wide and not tall enough, I need to border it up and heighten it up I think...

P1010315-2.jpg

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
keljonma said:
I read on another board about a person that moved her tomatoes into the house for winter. She put the containers in a south facing window and grew tomatoes all winter long. Same as having a ficus in the living room, but it is edible.
I might need to try that! Even if I only got 1 or 2 tomatoes through the winter, it would totally be worth it! :)

And I agree, Vfem, Beavis sucks! ;)

Latest posts