Ida? Ridgerunner?

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't mean to be pessimist but electricity could become a real worry for most of us In the future.
Our government had too switch back too coal for providing electric too some parts of our country a few days ago
death.png

I think we are actually just at the beginning of energy production. Read this:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to be pessimist but electricity could become a real worry for most of us In the future.
Our government had too switch back too coal for providing electric too some parts of our country a few days ago

i think it is being very pessimistic because just for a few days or whatever it was all the rest of the time things were going ok. that's still a big change and more still to come. this is early in the change of ways, there is a long ways yet to go...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 43700

I think we are actually just at the beginning of energy production. Read this:

Knock me down with a feather.

That is truly amazing and I'm a little shocked plus embarrassed that I didn't have a clue this was all happening. :)

I just hope it is safe, much safer than our past methods of producing energy.

Thanks very much for opening up my mind

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i think it is being very pessimistic because just for a few days or whatever it was all the rest of the time things were going ok. that's still a big change and more still to come. this is early in the change of ways, there is a long ways yet to go...
I didn't know what is in the pipeline now I do. It's all kind of exciting and I just hope it works out well for all of us.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't know what is in the pipeline now I do. It's all kind of exciting and I just hope it works out well for all of us.

personally i think it's a bit crazy to be doing those sorts of experiments here on planet erf. it's the only home we know that will support life, that has life, should we be doing such things here? to my mind, no, not when wind and solar and hydropower and many other things will work just fine, being more efficient with what we do and not wasting food would go a long ways towards making life more sustainable here without much of a change in the quality of life. battery technology also has a long ways to go to improve and geothermal and ... there's just a lot of other things that can be done which are not as risky.

burning coal for 2% of your energy needs is nothing in comparison to what was happening before. i'd say kudoes and keep up the good work. :)

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
personally i think it's a bit crazy to be doing those sorts of experiments here on planet erf. it's the only home we know that will support life, that has life, should we be doing such things here? to my mind, no, not when wind and solar and hydropower and many other things will work just fine, being more efficient with what we do and not wasting food would go a long ways towards making life more sustainable here without much of a change in the quality of life. battery technology also has a long ways to go to improve and geothermal and ... there's just a lot of other things that can be done which are not as risky.

burning coal for 2% of your energy needs is nothing in comparison to what was happening before. i'd say kudoes and keep up the good work. :)
Imagine a moon covered in fusion reactors for safety sending energy to earth via a laser pulse of fantastical size. Those are the only engines that could come close to the ones described in the movie "wandering earth". Of course I will be pushing up a cedar tree by then but it is a neat pathway.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Imagine a moon covered in fusion reactors for safety sending energy to earth via a laser pulse of fantastical size. Those are the only engines that could come close to the ones described in the movie "wandering earth". Of course I will be pushing up a cedar tree by then but it is a neat pathway.

howabout a big tether cord instead so we're not importing more heat via those laser beams (first spelled laser beans :) )? we can ship energy down the tether and back, and use the moon as a big radiator if we need to bleed some extra heat off into space...

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
howabout a big tether cord instead so we're not importing more heat via those laser beams (first spelled laser beans :) )? we can ship energy down the tether and back, and use the moon as a big radiator if we need to bleed some extra heat off into space...
I can help push electrons by then, so sure! Just like that kindly kid in the movie called "Powder".

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Fracking scared me, I hope this new form doesn't cause earthquakes. :\

Latest posts