IF WE ALL WROTE A GARDEN BOOK TOGETHER, WHAT CHAPTERS WOULD YOU WRITE?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
For my 1,000th post I thought I'd post something special for a topic.

What if all of us here wrote a book on gardening? Separated up into sections and chapters.

Each chapter headed up by a few, one, two, or three of us, with input from all the others who want to.

Me, I'd want to do the chapters on seed saving.
I'd want to do chapters on plant breeding.
I'd want to have input on building a garden.
I'd want to do a couple chapters on basic Botany.

Gardeners do tend to be politically inclined. Burbank sure was!
LadyHawke could lead the chapter on gardeners and politics.

There are those in here who could write chapters on community gardens, another chapter on community sponsored agriculture, Dahlias, Snapdragons, GOOPP gardening

You all chime in and let's know what chapters you'd write!
Kind of like fantasy football, let's outline writing a fantasy gardening book!

Who knows...it might happen!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OH OH glad i get to be the first to reply! My chapter is entitled "What NOT to do!" :lol:

And a thousand posts, Marshall, my you're chatty! Just teasing, we love all the great advice and info you freely share. :)

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wanna write the chapter on the remarkable changes seen over a five year period when land that was formerly drenched in herbicides/pesticides/kill-ya-off-icides is bought by someone who practices organic methods. My chapter will be image-heavy with pictures of butterflies, dragonflies, honey bees, bumblebees, preying mantis, gopher snakes, garden spiders, microscopic little buggies that live in the soil and help make my veggies grow, sunflowers, chickens, organic apples (they said it couldn't be done...hah!) and a couple of healthy, rowdy little kids.

Life is good. Where's my word processor?

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would write about the harvest! Canning, freezing, drying, cooking, baking- all kinds of recipes and such. That's my favorite part of gardening; eating it! :rainbow-sun

I would also help write about planning the garden. I don't think I coud be in charge of the whole thing, but I have a few things I could add. That's my second favorite part of gardening- planning!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right on, HPQ! And we'd definitely need a recipes section. Which would probably lead to a second book! :D

Didn't BYC do a cookbook a while back? I haven't been on there in forever. Probably because I can't keep a chicken alive long enough. :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the recipes chapter, I'll do the drooling!

:drool

...and do the taste tests!

A rough job I know, but SOMEONE has to do it!

:rainbow-sun

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My chapter would be how to grow food in a small yard, have chickens, compost, all while having a "pretty" yard. :)

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would offer to do a chapter on seed saving and cross pollinating but, I know I cannot hold a candle to what Marshall has just swimming around in his head.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Swimming around in my head is music from the '60's

Actually, I'm sure I'd need help with my favorite chapters!

Would you like to fly in my beautiful balloon? Stuck in the head song of the hour. My sister Shannon gets stuck in the head songs too. ...runs in the family...

Latest posts